19 July 2013

five years old!

A big Happy Birthday to our little Jojo...who's apparently not so little anymore!
I asked her what she wanted to do on her birthday and she said the ZOO.  
So, despite it being super hot, we hit up the zoo with some cousins to celebrate.  



She kept showing her "high 5" every time I took a picture.  
Every.  Single. Time.


 The gang in front of the elephants.
Notice the "high 5."


Just look at all those kids!  
We probably looked like a school field trip!  Ha!

 And after walking around the hot zoo, we thought some cold shave ice sounded fantastic.
It was.  
Always up for some Waiola shave ice!

 At night, we stopped by Ala Moana for some dessert.
Need I make mention of Jolee's hand?
Yes, we all know how old she is now. 

 Kela, sharing some of her ice cream with Kaden.

A couple of days later, we got together with the cousins for the "official" celebration.  
I made a cake and we all got to sing the requisite, "Happy Birthday" song to Jolee.
I feel kind of bad for our girls this year because none of them got to have an actual birthday party with friends and such.  Not that we do anything overly spectacular, but it's always fun to get together with cousins AND friends...thankfully, they have SO many cousins, I don't think they minded all that much.  
Who needs lots of random friends when you have more than enough cousins to run around and play with, right?
Either way, Happy Birthday to our little Jojo!

...and that's the end of birthdays for our little family for the year! 

No comments: