I find it such a shame that here in Hawaii (and probably not limited to our little island), the public schools are simply lacking in good art programs. The girls LOVE anything to do with drawing and crafts so we thought it a great opportunity to spend part of their summer learning some meaningful art at the Honolulu Museum of Art. It't definitely not cheap, and pretty time consuming (4 days a week) but the girls absolutely loved it and I believe it was well worth the time and effort.
Plus, while Kela and Anna were in class, I got to hang out with Kaden and Jojo at the beach and do some shopping! Yay!
It was a month long program, 4 times a week for about 2 hours. They were split up in to classes based on grade level. On their last day, we got to walk through and look at some of their art pieces and meet their teachers.
Anna with her favorite teacher, Miss Emiliy.
Anna loved her so much, she made a book for her and gave it to her on the last day.
These were Anna's other teachers.
I can't remember their names...but in my defense, neither could Anna.
So, I've heard that they recycle the same art classes every summer, but I'm tempted to put the girls through the same classes again next summer because they enjoyed it so much.
We shall see. But either way, we definitely felt that this was a great way to get some "art" into our girls' education.

No comments:
Post a Comment