01 April 2013

tiger tots!

With Spring Break over, it's back to school for Kela and Anna.
Fortunately for us, it also marks the beginning of Tiger Tots preschool for Jolee and Kaden!!
*clap, clap, clap
 Here they are...waiting for the doors to open and let them in!
Ok, in case you're wondering what Tiger Tots is...it's a short, 7 week preschool program put on by McKinley High School for their early education senior class students.
It's super cheap ($25/child) and only lasts about 7 weeks at 2-3 times a week.
Each class is about 2 hours 45 minutes.
And since they take children from 18 months to 5 years, we got to drop off both Jolee AND Kaden this year!  Yippee!

 I'll admit...I was pretty nervous about Kaden.  Since Jolee went last year and loved it, I wasn't concerned about her...I knew she'd love it and have no problems.  But Kaden was a bit of a wild card-you never know what he's gonna do and how he's gonna react.
But as soon as we dropped him off, he barely gave me a second look, went straight for the toys and the student teachers and started to play.  
I sneaked in a couple of pictures before silently tip-toeing away for our very first child-free afternoon!

 After a fantastically carefree run around Ala Moana beach park, Mitch and I got to sit down and have a nice lunch together!  That was my huge salad and fried rice.  
Honestly, I can't recall the last time I got to sit down for a quiet lunch without a child I had to feed and/or keep from falling out of their seat and/or making a mess on the table and/or spilling their drink on the floor!
Needless to say, we loved it.  :)

And then all to soon, it was time to pick up the kids.  I was pretty nervous and not sure what we would find upon arriving back at the school...but wouldn't you know it, they were totally fine!
I saw Kaden peeking out the window as I walked up and I could tell he was having a blast and didn't miss me at all!  I was so proud of my boy when I saw how well he behaved and how little he fussed. 
 Although I'll admit to having a bit of dust in my eyes when I discovered that he didn't miss me at all?! Not one little iota?!    *sniff, sniff. 
Anyway...here's to 7 more weeks of stroller-less runs and carefree grocery shopping!
(Us mothers are SO easy to please, eh?)

No comments: