The zoo.
It's our go-to place for a family outing.
Today was pretty hot...but with a few nice breezes, it wasn't too bad!
The parking was a nightmare, but after securing a nice spot, the rest was a nice and relaxing day of looking at some animals with my sister Elika and her kids.
It's our go-to place for a family outing.
Today was pretty hot...but with a few nice breezes, it wasn't too bad!
The parking was a nightmare, but after securing a nice spot, the rest was a nice and relaxing day of looking at some animals with my sister Elika and her kids.
We got to the zoo a little before Elika, so while we were waiting, we killed some time looking at the turtles.
And the orangutans.
Not to mention eating some lunch.
Spam musubi's of course!
Spam musubi's of course!
And then some more waiting...
And even more waiting...
Until finally, they arrive!
You can barely see the giraffes since they were a bit shy today and stayed far away from the fence...but really, it's the kids we really want to see, right?
Here's me and Kaden in front of the new elephant compound!
It's new and much more spacious than the last place!
Here's Anna and Aya, holding hands through the African Savannah area.
Oooh, and we got lucky with the cheetah!
I don't think I've ever been to the zoo and NOT taken a picture on this giraffe...
Yay! The Keiki Zoo area is everyone's favorite place.
Where Kaden encountered his very first goat!
The fish tank that all the kids crammed into...
Even Kaden (after several minutes of serious contemplation and observation) decided to take the plunge and head into the tunnel.
It's new and much more spacious than the last place!
I know...these back shots are so cliché...but I can't help it.
I still think they're so cute!
I still think they're so cute!
And the kids favorite part of the Keiki Zoo?
Probably this rocky courtyard.
Where Anna and Aya did a bit of rock climbing...
Probably this rocky courtyard.
Where Anna and Aya did a bit of rock climbing...
And Justus and Jolee did a bit of raking...
I mean...it's important to leave things in better condition than when you arrived, right?!

No comments:
Post a Comment