14 March 2012

spring break, part 1: kaka'ako park

During Spring Break, with Mitch working so much, we didn't have the opportunity to travel anywhere.
As bumming as that was, it was still nice to relax, sleep in, and hang around with cousins and friends right here at home.



SO, on one fine day, we got together with my sister Airi and her friends and headed out to Kaka'ako Park for a day of bike riding. We would have gone cardboard sledding as well, but I forgot to pack our cardboard boxes.
Plus, the girls seemed content with riding bikes, so bike riding it was.


The great thing about Kaka'ako park is that it's pretty big!
We started out on this shady side of the park...but since the kids wanted a more open space to ride around, we crossed over to the waterfront side for the remainder of the afternoon.

A MUCH better view on this side, by the way.

Also a bonus was this rocky area (that I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to walk on, but EVERYONE does anyway) that is home to a ton of cats.
A short while after this picture was taken, an old lady came by with tons of cat food to feed the stray cats. She shooed all the kids away saying they were bothering the cats' feeding time. I almost went over and told her how cRazY she is for #1. Feeding stray cats like they're her own. and #2. Thinking she has the right to shoo us away from a public park area just because she is doing #1 above.

Anyway~

Have I ever mentioned how Kaden likes to push things?
He does. Pretty much anything with wheels (or without, actually) that moves, he will try to push. Whether it be Jolee's tricycle...

His stroller...

Or Anna's bike.
If it moves, he'll move it.

Or, ride it.


Here's Anna.
She's gotten very proficient with the two wheeler.
She was riding all over the park.
Yes, I'm a bad Mommy...we left the helmet at home. :/



Did I mention it was a HOT day?
It was.
Hence, Jolee's grumpy face.
But, she still enjoyed riding her tricycle around, too!

Of course, a little bribery of Shave Ice does seem to work some magic...even on tired little girls.

No comments: