So to end Spring Break week, the girls had their final soccer games.
The day was hot and long.
The day was hot and long.
With Anna's game starting at 8:30 AM and Kela's at 11:15 AM...we didn't have time to go home in between the two games and subsequent season-end potluck parties.
So, basically, this was an all-day event. (er, all-morning to be exact...but it still FELT like all day!)
So, basically, this was an all-day event. (er, all-morning to be exact...but it still FELT like all day!)
Anna's game was first.
With it being one of the first games of the day, there was ample parking and the weather was a tad cooler. Yay!
Here they are...the final team hurrah for the Teal Sharks.
With it being one of the first games of the day, there was ample parking and the weather was a tad cooler. Yay!
Here they are...the final team hurrah for the Teal Sharks.
And per usual...the most challenging part of the girls' games is thinking of ways to occupy this guy...and simultaneously keeping him away from the actual game and game equipment.
Here's Anna dribbling down the field...she had a GREAT final game and scored a goal in the beginning of the game.
Here's her trophy. Which I picked out for all the girls since I was the team mom.
Oh, and you can't see too well, but I also got teal colored buckets for each girl...in lieu of a goodie bag...for their team treats and prizes.
Oh, and you can't see too well, but I also got teal colored buckets for each girl...in lieu of a goodie bag...for their team treats and prizes.
Great season, Teal Sharks!
Anna with her coach, Gavin.
So, at the end of the season, we usually have a potluck luncheon with all the teammates and their families. This was Anna's. Hotdogs, cupcakes and pizza.
Kaden particularly liked the rainbow cupcakes...
Kaden particularly liked the rainbow cupcakes...
Can you tell?
I do believe half of the cupcake ended up on his shirt or on the ground...
I do believe half of the cupcake ended up on his shirt or on the ground...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
And then, after an hour or so of resting...it was time to head back up to the field for Kela's game.
It was a pretty intense game...the teams were pretty evenly matched, but our Purple Lightnings prevailed!
And Kela even managed to score a goal as well!
The above picture is of that goal...taken just a smidgen too early.
Way to go, Kela!!
It was a pretty intense game...the teams were pretty evenly matched, but our Purple Lightnings prevailed!
And Kela even managed to score a goal as well!
The above picture is of that goal...taken just a smidgen too early.
Way to go, Kela!!
As for Kela, this is her last season playing soccer.
As much as she enjoyed it...she doesn't want to move up to the next division and has expressed a strong desire to try something new.
(Be on the lookout for a gymnastics post in a few months...)
As much as she enjoyed it...she doesn't want to move up to the next division and has expressed a strong desire to try something new.
(Be on the lookout for a gymnastics post in a few months...)
Kela and her trophy and goodie bag.
With her awesome coach Jen!
And then...our SECOND potluck of the morning.
I made pizza buns, while the other fare consisted of fried noodles, fried chicken, chicken katsu, spam musubi, fruits and (thanks to Jen and her Meadow Gold connections) Ice Cream.
It was a GREAT season for both girls and I know they had a blast!
And as much as I enjoyed watching them progress and have fun out on the field...I'm looking forward to having my Saturdays back!
Until next season!!
I made pizza buns, while the other fare consisted of fried noodles, fried chicken, chicken katsu, spam musubi, fruits and (thanks to Jen and her Meadow Gold connections) Ice Cream.
It was a GREAT season for both girls and I know they had a blast!
And as much as I enjoyed watching them progress and have fun out on the field...I'm looking forward to having my Saturdays back!
Until next season!!

No comments:
Post a Comment