21 March 2012

jolee's first day of school!

Today was the first day of school for Jolee!!
It's a Tiny Tots program at McKinley High School...where high school kids get a hands-on class on early child development. While parents like me get a couple of hours freedom from their little tots.
A total win-win situation, if you ask me!


Maybe it's not an official school in the literal sense...but it's an 8 week, twice a week preschool program for preschool age kids. I put both Kela and Anna into this program when they were little and they both LOVED it!
I get to drop off Jolee for 2.5 hours, twice a week for the next 8 weeks.
It costs a meager $20 and I get to go do my thing for a couple hours with just Kaden.
Of course, it's in town, so after dropping Kela and Anna off at school, I have to rush to town and fight traffic to get here, but it's totally worth it for me.
It may not be much, but it's enough!

To be honest, I was a little worried about miss Jolee.
She's been having some separation issues at church and at the gym lately so I was a tad nervous she'd have a melt down...but here we are getting ready to go inside and she's all smiles!

Waiting patiently for all the other parents and grandparents to drop off their kids.
Some kids were NOT as excited to be going to school as Jojo was.
You could hear the screams and crying from out here...which didn't help my nervousness.
But Jolee seemed unfazed.

Her very own cubby.
(With her misspelled name.)


Upon dropping her off, this is how she looked.
That is a smile, by the way.
She doesn't like to look directly at the camera at times.
Makes for some annoying shots, but oh well.
It's just a picture, right? :S

So, after dropping her off, I drove out to Ala Moana beach park with Kaden, strapped him into our jogger stroller and hit the pavement for a good 6 mile run while the little guy took his morning nap.
Yes, I think I'm gonna like this schedule...even though it's only temporary.

And the best part?
Jolee had a blast!
No tears, no whining...and all smiles!
Yay!

1 comment:

FLOW said...

Aloha Sister Yumi! Did you know that "jolie" ..en francais (in french).. means "pretty"? :D