18 February 2012

mid season soccer update

We are about half way into the Spring Soccer season so I thought I'd give a little update with some pictures of the season so far!

Here's Kela and her team.
They are the Purple Lightnings.



Her solo shot.
I'd scan the actual picture I got from the photographers but...it's not all that better.
Bright sunny day = not the best picture.
Oh well.

And with that...here's a few pictures from random games so far.
Kela has improved by leaps and bounds this season!
She's still a bit timid and not as aggressive as most of her teammates, but she's becoming less nervous and shy on the field.
She averages about 1 goal per game...but today, she was able to score 2 goals!
Yay!





She hussels pretty well on the field.
She's good at running up to the ball, but has a tendency to hold back at the last second-especially if an opponent is heading for the ball as well.
We're hoping that by the end of the season, she'll no longer hesitate and have the courage to run up to an opponent. I think she'll get there!
Way to go Kela!


And on to Anna's team.
They are the Teal Sharks.
There's only 4 girls on the team...and I'm the team mom.
How cute are these Kindergarteners?!


Here's Anna.
You may have noticed that while all her teammates have matching teal socks, Anna's are black.
I left home earlier than Mitch and prior to leaving, laid out Anna's Teal socks in the kitchen. Which Mitch didn't see. Nor did he think to call me and ask.
Hence, the back-up black ones.
Oh well. They're just socks, right?


And then some action shots of Anna with her teammates.


Anna is actually pretty aggressive.
She just needs to acquire the skills to accompany the energy!
Since she's starting much earlier than Kela did (Kela started at age 6, while Anna started at 4) I think she'll go far in the future!






Here's a shot of Anna DURING her game.
While her teammates were huffing it on the field, she was NOT the best cheerleader.
And this was only the FIRST QUARTER!
Don't worry...she woke up to hustle in the 2nd quarter, I promise.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And then...while the Kela and Anna are running around on the field, the REAL action often has NOTHING to do with soccer.
No, it's the antics Jolee and Kaden find themselves getting into in order to occupy themselves for 2-5 hours, depending on what time the girls' games are.
So, here's a few random shots of what the younger two do to keep themselves busy.



Every now and again, we see Luke (who's often hanging around his brothers' teammates while they play) and invite him along to hang with Jolee.
Jolee and Luke like to get into a lot of trouble together.
Here, they're "swimming" back to us...after I scolded them for wandering too far.



Granted, there are some times I can keep them occupied with food...
But more often than not, this only lasts so long.


No, Kaden likes to wander....to play with the soccer balls....


...or flirt with the line referee...


...or play with the cones ...

...and don't forget stealing the girls snacks..



(or maybe just finding creative ways to cool his teething gums)


Have I mention he likes to wander?
He does.
With the stroller...

...or without...


Or, simply flirt with the ladies.

Whew! Any wonder why our Saturdays are filled to the brim with hot weather, adventures and excitement!
Only 4 more weeks of this left...I'm sure by then I'll have plenty more fun pictures to show as well.

And...there's always our photo site where I update tons of pictures of the girls and their teammates.
For Kela's team pictures, look HERE.

For Anna's team pictures, click HERE.

No comments: