16 February 2012

jojo's first cut!

We've known for some time now that Jojo has been well OVERDUE for a hair cut.
Part of me was avoiding it, simply because I just love her hair!
It's superfine, light brown and cute as all baby hair is.
BUT it's also always tangled, frayed at the ends and all different lengths.
Also, since Jolee doesn't always like to have her hair pulled in a pony tail or a braid...it's always all over her face!
So, a hair cut it was.


As you can see, she wasn't too keen on the idea.
Well, she was super excited BEFORE we got to the salon...however, as soon as we got there, she did a complete 180 and refused to go through with it.
So...in the end, how did I manage to convince her to sit in the chair?


Can you see my hand in the bottom left corner of the picture?
Not only was I holding her hand the entire time...she has a lollipop in her other hand.
Yes, I bribed her. Shamelessly.
So sue me!



So, while the waterworks ended...the constant head-turning didn't.
I even resorted to kneeling right in front of her so she could stare at me, instead of the lady sitting next to us with curlers in her hair.
Kaden in the background did great!
And remained patiently nestled in his carseat throughout the ordeal.
Because yes, it WAS an ordeal!



Ugh, I was one of THOSE mothers...taking picture after picture.
But who cares, right? I made sure I documented it all! Ha!


Jojo showing off her shorn locks.

*sniff, sniff...I think I was sadder than Jolee at this point.

And on a side note, the lady who cut her hair kept trying to hold Jolee's arms up while I took this picture! As in BOTH arms up. I was so annoyed, I finally had to physically removed her hands from my child because I didn't want her hands in my picture! Nor did I want her manhandling my child! Boundaries, people!


Anyway, here's the final look.
And a happy Jolee with her blue lollipop.
I like it! Even though it makes her look more grown up and reminds me that she's not a little baby anymore!

(sniff...sniff...)

1 comment:

Janee said...

Jo looks so cute!

I'm cracking up at this post...I had the same experience with Jadan. He CRIED the whole time his first hair cut. Dan had to eventually sit with him to calm him down.

And yes I was THAT mom taking a million pics and shamelessly bribing my kid with a lollipop too. Whatevs :)