05 February 2012

beach...and surfing!

Saturday, after hanging around a soccer field for FIVE hours (2 games, one at 8:45AM and one at Noon...with no time to go home in between), we headed out the beach with some good friends. I can't remember the last time we went out to Waikiki beach...it was a bit crowded and parking wasn't the best, but it was good fun!

Something different...was that Anna got to try surfing for the first time ever!
Our friend, David took Anna out on their surfboard and she got to realize one of her dreams:
To learn how to surf.

Ever since we got Barbie and The Mermaid Tale...she's been asking to learn how to surf.
And since neither Mitch nor I are avid surfers...it's taken this long for it to come to fruition.

Here David is taking her out to where the waves are breaking...
The best part about Waikiki beach is that the water is super shallow!
But also with enough waves to make it fun for the kids.

Getting ready...


And riding a wave!
Maybe after a few more tries, she can learn how to stand up and ride!

With the sun starting to set...it was getting pretty chilly out.
After a few runs, Anna heads in.

Her first surfing lesson complete!
She's pretty anxious to go again!
Maybe in warmer weather, though...


Anna and her huge board.
I know..I should have taken another picture to try and get one that isn't blurry...

After that...the kids played around in the COLD water for a little while longer...

And then ate dinner.


Don't know if you can tell...but it was FREEZING cold by this time.
I never went into the water, but even I felt a bit chilled.
The girls who were pretty wet, were literally shivering!

Kaden got all sandy and wet.
And seemed to love it all!

No comments: