It's my birthday.
As much as I'd like to avoid getting older...I'm actually not too freaked out that I've officially hit my mid-thirties.
I'm happy.
I have a loving husband, great kids, wonderful family close by...not to mention a home of our own with all the creature comforts...and more blessings than I can even begin to count.
Yes, I am very happy.
As much as I'd like to avoid getting older...I'm actually not too freaked out that I've officially hit my mid-thirties.
I'm happy.
I have a loving husband, great kids, wonderful family close by...not to mention a home of our own with all the creature comforts...and more blessings than I can even begin to count.
Yes, I am very happy.
Mitch's brother and sister-in-law graciously gave us a gift card to Roy's restaurant.
We've never been...so thought that my birthday was a great opportunity to check them out and enjoy a quiet evening, sans kids.
Yes, as much as I love our kids...an hour or two away from them is also quite nice.
Roy's was...great!
Except for the annoyingly loud birthday party going on right next to us, we had a fabulous time with a beautiful view of the ocean and Koko Head Crater.
For appetizer, we had a roasted beet and heart of palm salad.
SO Yummy!
You can sort of see it in the first picture...Sorry I didn't get a better pic, but oh well.
We were hungry!
Ha, and then came our sushi rolls.
Also very yummy.
Mitch decided to get a small portion of the Wagu Beef meatloaf.
I thought it looked really small... but he said it was perfect after all the appetizers we ate.
And just as good for lunch the next day since I could only eat about half after so much sushi and salad!
Hehehe, like my birthday hat?
Hehehe, like my birthday hat?
And for dessert, they gave me a complimentary lilikoi pudding (I think it was lilikoi...but either way, it was DIVINE!) with some fresh diced fruit, and we added a chocolate souffle with vanilla ice cream to share.
And the hat?
Found someone who could really appreciate it.
(*note: look at Kela's face in the background-far right. he he he, I could have cropped it out, but I just couldn't stop laughing long enough to do it...)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Okay, so technically, the dinner out at Roy's was the day BEFORE my birthday.
ON my actual birthday, we had two soccer games in the morning and then dinner in town with my family. To celebrate both me and my niece Rumi's birthdays.
On the menu?
Sushi.
And fried chicken.
Both my faves!
...and Elika baked some cupcakes.
Mmmm...lemon cupcakes with two different kinds of frosting.
So much LOVE! :)


1 comment:
Omg I literally gasped when I read you've never been to Roy's. It's probably my fav place to eat on earth (the original one in Hawaii Kai). We have 2 here in AZ and they are NOT the same :(
Happy birthday!!!
Post a Comment