Normally, I'm not too fond of lumping a bunch of random pictures and events into one post...but with everything happening so fast these days, I caved.
A lumped post is better than NO post, right?
Ergo, prepare yourself for a long one.
A lumped post is better than NO post, right?
Ergo, prepare yourself for a long one.
This past week, I discovered a GEM right here on the island.
Sure, it's on Schofield Barracks (an ARMY base)...but since they are gracious enough to allow us peons, er, I mean, civilians on without a sponsor or military ID, I decided to check it out.
What did I check out, you ask?
Ok, so you Mainland people are probably asking what the heck is so great about a splash park.
Well, it's the ONLY one on Oahu (that I know of...).
Jolee LOVED it!
Although if you've ever been to a splash park, I ask you-Have you ever seen a child NOT do this?
I didn't think so.
With tons of tunnels to play around in...
And hippos to crawl through...
Jolee had a blast.
...or, maybe just her paint brush...
When Mitch is home, it falls on him to take Kela so I could stay at home and rest or prepare dinner in peace and quiet.
When he's flying, however, I end up having to take the whole troupe and hang out at the park for an hour.
Needless to say, I looked forward to those days when Mitch was home.
AND then Mitch, bless his heart, saw that there wasn't an assistant coach for the team...so decided to volunteer to help out at the practices as a semi-assistant coach.
So, on his days off of work, he spends his Tuesday and Thursday evenings helping out Kela's team, rather than watching the younger ones...and since the girls seem to want to get out of the house these days (I know, bless their little overactive souls!) I end up tagging along to the park to tend to the younger ones while Kela kicks the ball around with her teammates.
And that's how my Tuesday/Thursday evening breaks flew out the window.
So, when do I fix dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you ask?
Sometimes before, sometimes after...and sometimes I simply let Pizza Hut or Zippy's do the cooking for me.
You will ALWAYS (and I mean, ALWAYS) see a rainbow in one of Anna's drawings.
He does.
But mostly under tables and/or chairs...
Thankfully, he hasn't yet learned the art of climbing UP those stairs yet...
This was on the girls' half-day at school.
I picked them up after school and headed straight up.
Still takes me a good 1/2 hour or so to get there...which is FAR for an island bumpkin like me...but I must say it was worth it!
HOT.
But worth it.
And some SPAM musubis.
I do believe they all had a blast!
In the water...

No comments:
Post a Comment