23 August 2011

just call me soccer mom

So, it's that time of year again.
Don't ask me how...but I managed to get myself ensnared as Kela's team mom.
That's what I get for being early to the first practice!
Don't worry. I've taken note for next season!

And although Anna hasn't started yet ( her season begins in another 2 weeks), Kela had her very first game on Saturday.

Go! Pink Angels Tigers Cheetas!

Sheesh...7 year-old girls are SO indecisive!


So...while Mitch is busy refereeing the game, my job is to keep these kids entertained.
Because apparently, the GAME isn't enough.
So, we pitched our giant umbrella (which although blocked the sun, didn't block the heat all that much...) and busted out our new chairs and of course, our iPhones as well.
Oh, and don't forget the food.
Popcorn was on the menu for this week.

This guy, however, wasn't amused with any of those previously mentioned entertainments.
No.
He only wanted me.
To stand.
Outside of the umbrella.

LONGEST and HOTTEST 40 minutes-EVER.
And to think the game was at 9am!

I'm SO dreading the NOON game!!


Anyway, here's an action shot.
Kela did great! She's really improved since last season and has begun showing a bit more aggression and assertiveness.
Her coach is nice, and the coach's daughter is one of her classmates so she's really enjoying the season so far.
The score for her first game?
8-2!

Woo Hoo!
Way to start off the season on a positive note!

No comments: