19 July 2011

"3"

Three years ago...we had this birthday part for Kela planned. It was her 4th birthday and we decided on a pool party at my friend's house.
HOWEVER, instead of my daughter's pool party....I spent the day in the hospital.
Delivering her:

Here's Jolee at a week old.
She was born July 19, 2008
Weighing 8lbs 2.5 oz.
(my smallest baby)

Her birth was 2 weeks and a day early.
Not to mention a mere ONE day after Mitch returned home from his 3-week training in Seattle. Had she come one day earlier...I would have delivered her solo!!
Anyway, the day she was born, I didn't know I was in labor (I thought it was a false alarm...), we had NO baby bag packed, her carseat was still in storage and I had NO baby supplies.
You'd think it being baby #3, I would have been better prepared!
But no. We were not.
Anyway...to read up on THAT adventure, click here.

And here's our little girl now.
She is our most precocious, sassy, head-strong, and hands-down the most accident-prone child in our family.
She makes us smile and laugh every day.
We call her "Stinky" because...she has always been a real stinker when it comes to getting into trouble and causing a fuss.
We love her and are glad she's still in one piece-with all her fingers and toes in tact.
What does that mean?
Read it here and you'll understand what I mean about her being accident-prone.


So...as I mentioned in Kela's birthday post...we planned to keep Jojo's birthday party very low-key.
How low-key, you ask?
It was just us and Grandma.

And some Trader Joe's Cake with Trader Joe's Frosting.
Along with some sub-par pizza.

(NO more Domino's Pizza for us, thank you very much!)


Here's the cake.
And may I just say...Trader Joe's cake and frosting TOTALLY made up for the bad pizza and small shindig.

See?
Jolee was happy.


After dinner, we played around with our cousin Boston.
He's visiting from Arizona and hasn't been having the best time adjusting to the time change and different surroundings.
But tonight? He was happy as can be.


As for our Kaden (because I can't seem to post about anything without mentioning him at least once! I mean, look at him? He's just too stinkin' cute to resist)...well, at 6 1/2 months, he has finally cut a tooth! I couldn't get a decent shot of his singular tooth, but let me just say...it's there!
And it's sharp.
(which many mothers will probably tell you...is NO fun while nursing)
But all that aside, just further reminds me how fast time is flying by and how fast children grow up!

A Happy, Happy Birthday to our little Jojo!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Jolee! That cake looks yummy!