21 July 2008

she's here (already)!!

Meet the newest addition to the Seavey family!


Jolee Kanae Seavey
Born Saturday July 19th at 7:37am
8 lbs. 2.5 oz 20 inches


Well, we were totally caught off guard, and completely unprepared...Jolee came 2 whole weeks (and a day) early. To spare all of you the nitty-gritty details, I'll just give a brief run down of the main events. Labor started for me sometime in the middle of the night. I didn't time it or even look at the clock because I didn't think I was truly in labor. I thought it was just some serious braxton-hicks... By the time the girls woke up at around 6:30am, I finally had Mitch bust out the clock & realized contractions were over a minute long and 2 minutes apart...for a third child, that's probably too close. He rushed the girls to Airi's, came back & just as I was about to get in the car, my bag broke! (A first for me! I've always had to have them rupture it.) We went in the house...thinking baby would come out, and when she didn't (obviously), we rushed to the hospital. That was about 7:10am. We got to the hospital, to the L&D and right after the doc checked me, the next contraction brought baby. I didn't even push. The doc didn't even have time to put her gloves on...it seemed a bit chaotic since everyone wasn't prepared to have baby come out yet...but while trying real hard not to push, baby "slid" out and all is finally well. :) Horray for a fast labor and delivery!

After all this ordeal, Mitch had to rush home to get things prepared for Kela's birthday party. Yes, we had this planned for weeks and decided Kela would be devastated to miss out on her much anticipated birthday bash. Poor Mitch had to take on that activity solo...but with the help of many great friends and family, I hear it was a success! If I can scrounge up some pictures from some attendees, I'll post them later. Happy Birthday Kela, and sorry Mommy wasn't able to make it!


7 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Congrats to you and your family! We are so happy for you. I would type more but I am trying to type one handed while nursing.

Janee said...

Congrats you guys! And what? You didn't have to push?! SO lucky - I was stuck pushing my piglet out for 2 hours! Anyway, she's beautiful and I love the name :) Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, Mitch, Kela & Anna! Hey, I just saw you at the zoo and then less than 24 hours later you have a baby! You're superwoman! So glad that Mitch was here, that you had a fast delivery and most importantly, that baby is happy and healthy!

Gini said...

Holy Cow!! I haven't had even a spare minute to blog for over a month now, and this morning I think to myself, I need to check on yumi's blog. It's getting to be about baby time. Low and behold.... to funny!

Congrats!!! Sounds like things went great, I don't think you could ask for a better L&D. She is such a cutie, and those cheeks!!! Oh, I'd love to mug her!!

Happy birthday Kela!! A new baby sister sounds like a great present to me!!

SaraR said...

Ohhhh Yumi, CONGRATULATIONS!! :) That is such a great labor & delivery story!! I pray I have one like that too.... oh wait, no I don't I live 2 hours away from the hospital...:) anyways she is just a cutie and your family looks great and SO happy!

Sounds like baby Jolee was just waiting for daddy to get home from Seattle for her to make her grand entrance...glad he was there for it! You guys take care and try to get some well deserved sleep!! :)

Just Like A Starr said...

CONGRATULATIONS SEAVEY'S! My Mom told me you had given birth on Saturday and I was like "YAY, same day as Chloe's birthday!" Then I was like "Wait, she had baby already? I thought she wasn't due for another couple of weeks?" and my Mom answered "All Lad said was 'all we know is, it went fast'." How awesome! Congratulations...she is such a cutie! 3 little girlies....you are my hero...LOL!

And you look amazing. I didn't expect to see an updated post when I came to your blog, but lucky us you've posted twice!!!

Thank you for sharing your great news with all of us and congratulations again :)

Ryan and Val said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy for your family! Okay, I am in utter disbelief and amazement. You JUST had a baby and already have posts up, while I'm still a month behind! You are amazing! I wish I was as diligent as you! Let us know if you need anything. Take care =)