25 May 2011

it's that time of year again...!

Beach Season, of course!


With the end of the school year approaching, Jolee and Anna's preschool class celebrated their End-of-the-School-Year with a beach party with their classmates.
I wasn't too excited to head out to the beach sans Mitch...but I really couldn't deny Anna and Jolee a day of sun and sand with their cousin and friends.
And besides...the weather was GORGEOUS!

Here's some the kids playing in the sand...



And then heading out to the beach with Mrs. Neill, their teacher.



Jolee kept herself occupied with the sand. And only the sand.
As I mentioned before, she's a bit afraid of EVERYTHING, including the water.
Which was fine by me, since I wasn't too keen on squeezing myself into a bathing suit.
Thank goodness I didn't have to!



I spent most of the morning sitting in the shade with this cutie.


And despite staying ashore, this was actually Kaden's first time at the beach!
I think he enjoyed the day, too.



Anna was happy to finally hit the beach and the water!
And since she can swim, I didn't have to go in with her!
Yay!


Mmm...Spam Musubi.
Our favorite beach snack.


Man, look at that HAIR!
And it's not even the wind that makes it stand up like that!



And, though he's desperately in need of some color on his shockingly white skin...I'll wait a bit longer for that.
We stayed nice and cool in the shade.



We were only there for a couple of hours, but towards the end, the warm sun and cool breeze proved too much for Kaden...KO'd!



And...he wasn't the only one.



The preschool class with Mrs. Neill.



Looking forward to having only Jolee (well, and Kaden too, of course...) next year with Mrs. Neill in her weekly preschool class!

YAY! Bring on Summer!!

No comments: