28 May 2011

summer=pool

On this, the first day of Summer break, we went to the pool.
Sure, we could have gone to the beach...but
1) Pool is in walking distance while beach is a good 20-30 minutes drive away.
2) Mitch is gone, so I try to avoid going to the beach sans Mitch if at all possible.
and most importantly, 3) My sister, Elika was in LABOR!
Yea, you read that right.
Elika was in labor.
At the pool.


Although, both Kela and Anna finally learned how to swim all the way to the deep end, I think Kela realized how much easier it is to swim with this floatie ring.

Here's our girls on the boogie board...



While Kaden and I hung out in the shade.


Jolee stayed mostly on the steps...


...when she wasn't in the shade playing with my iPhone, that is.


Kela and Aya...

Dean with Aya and little Justus


And Kashus on the boogie board.



And, here's the gang.
I had a great picture with Elika's nice baby belly in profile...but wasn't sure if she'd appreciate my showing it to the world, so this is all you're gonna get.
Sorry.


And...me and Kaden.
It was a HOT day!
And a FUN 1st day of Summer Break!
Looking forward to many more of these!!

No comments: