The LDS Temple at Laie has been closed for renovations for nearly two years.
Which means that for the past 2 years, we've either had to forgo attending the temple...or travel to the Big Island to visit the temple in Kona.
We've been fortunate enough to have gotten the chance to visit the Kona temple a few times since the Laie Temple closed...however, the wait is finally over!
The renovations are complete, and as per usual, before its dedication, they have opened it to the public for anyone interested to witness and peruse the beauty of the House of the Lord!
What a blessing to know that my family can be together always! Even after this life is over...no matter what may happen here on Earth, that my family is eternal!
As our children have never had the opportunity to see what's inside the temple (despite seeing the outside numerous times...and seeing their parents going inside), we couldn't pass up the opportunity to take our children through.
So, with our ward, we decided to take the primary children-along with their families, of course-to the open house.
It was a wonderful trip!
And was great to see the children in awe of the beauty of the Temple!
Have you ever seen a large group of children quietly and reverently walking anywhere?!
I may never see it again...but during the temple tour, they were all quiet and peaceful as they walked throughout the temple!
A miracle, in and of itself!
Afterwards, we walked the grounds outside.
This fountain pool was definitely a BIG temptation for all the children.
I mean, it was an incredibly HOT day!
Kela and Hugo.
While waiting for everyone to gather around.
All the primary children singing
"I Love to See the Temple"
Our family inside the Visitor's Center.
It was nice and cool inside...
Living in Hawaii, the one hour drive to Laie seems SO far to drive...but after having had the temple closed for so long, I know I have definitely had my appreciation for a local temple grow!
So, with our ward, we decided to take the primary children-along with their families, of course-to the open house.
It was a wonderful trip!
And was great to see the children in awe of the beauty of the Temple!
Have you ever seen a large group of children quietly and reverently walking anywhere?!
I may never see it again...but during the temple tour, they were all quiet and peaceful as they walked throughout the temple!
A miracle, in and of itself!
This fountain pool was definitely a BIG temptation for all the children.
I mean, it was an incredibly HOT day!
While waiting for everyone to gather around.
"I Love to See the Temple"
It was nice and cool inside...
And have renewed my commitment to attend more often.
And for those who don't know...and are interested in knowing more about our church, and what we believe in...go here!

3 comments:
We went to the new visitor center when we were there in March. I thought all the changes and updates were so awesome. It was really special for D and I to take our kids to the place we were married :)
What a great opportunity for the kids! At first I thought the group of kids was all the cousins. (It seems like the Sakuma clan could pass for a small primary.) But what a great primary activity!
We were bummed to not have joined the Primary at the temple! Glad you had a great time and it was so nice to have the opportunity to go into the temple with the family, wasn't it? Such a neat experience for the kids (and us, of course)!
Post a Comment