31 October 2010

the "real" halloween post

I call this the "real" Halloween post because the last post I wrote was more a prelude to the actual event.
You know...the whole, "dress-up-and-parade-around-begging-for-candy" event!
This year, since Halloween landed on a Sunday, we celebrated it on Saturday at our church Halloween Party.
Which I actually like better because:
1) I pretty much know everyone there, so you can trust the candy to be safe.
2) It's a confined area, so no need worry about traffic or even "empty houses."
and, 3) It's all indoors! And I don't have to walk around block after block after block...
As you can see....Kela is a Princess (how original!), while Anna wanted to be a Barbie Musketeer (notice she's missing her three cohorts...), and Jolee wanted to be a princess but I was somehow able to convince her to be a little China Doll instead!
(Yea! Success!) Anna's costume took the most effort (which was still VERY minimal).
The Princess dress was borrowed. I bought the hat and simply attached the giant feather. And then sewed a cute matching cape.
(that Velcros closed, since I don't do ties around the neck. I'm paranoid that way...)

They all had fun playing games...


...and getting candy...


...and playing more games...


...while EATING some candy along the way...


...and getting even more candy!


Of course, hanging out with Ninja cousins, too!


As if the candy they got wasn't enough...they got cupcakes, too!


And look!
Kela even took a turn at throwing the ol' pigskin around!
Of course, in the name of getting more candy!

Here's just some of the kiddos.


Whoa!
And here's the rest of them....plus some friends, too.


Then, during break down/clean up time...the kids entertained themselves with some bubbles and balloons!


Jolee...VERY proud of herself for blowing her very OWN bubbles!

~~~~~~~~~~
And then...on Sunday, we headed out to Aunty Airi's house to have a family get-together instead of staying at home.
Like I said, we celebrated the Halloween festivities on Saturday, so Sunday was a simple family affair.
Before heading out....just in case we have some unsuspecting Trick-or-Treaters...we left a bucket of candies and treats.
Little did I know how greedy our neighborhood kids were!
Some punk took the bucket, too!
(Not that I minded, per se....I mean, it was a cheapie bucket from McDonald's that we were planning to throw away anyway. But still...!)


So anyway, at Aunty Airi's house, after a YUMMY dinner, Aunty Elika busted out the sugar cookie mix and the kids got to roll out some Halloween cookies!



And then frost and decorate them!


Didn't we just do this?!


Obviously, the kids didn't mind the repeat activity.
I mean, who would argue with frosted sugar cookies, right?!


And, I just HAD to post a picture of this kid!
My nephew, Justus.


Hope you all had a Happy and Safe Halloween, too!

4 comments:

Janee said...

Too cute!

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness how cute!!! I love the Barbie Musketeer! So smart...and way cute! You are brilliant! Love your adaorale family! With your little guy on the way...one time you will have to dress him up as Mr. Darcy right??? ;)

kim said...

Jolee is adorable! I love that age! Looks like Halloween was successful!

Anonymous said...

Did you throw out your candy yet? Or did Mitch? LOL! Ours is sitting untouched on the counter and pretty soon, it's going the way of the dump. It's not good to have such temptations around since Lad is the only one eating the candy!