23 October 2010

a winning season!

After 10 HOT weeks of games and practices...the Watermelon's finished their FINAL game of the season!
And WON!
And, with 3 losses, 3 ties, and 4 wins...the girls had a winning season!
(barely, but who's counting, really)

Here's a few shots of the action this afternoon.
We had an 11 o'clock game...so it was scorching hot!
Believe me, I have the sunburn on my back and a new slipper tan on my feet to prove it!
And, considering this was Kela's very first season playing soccer (not to mention the fact that she's the youngest AND smallest!), she did really well! She even got a couple kicks in here and there...


We didn't have huge expectations from her...only that she have fun, gain some confidence, and make some new friends.
With that in mind, I think we totally succeeded!
She's even looking forward to next season!
(Though that's right about the time that baby #4 makes his debut, so we'll have to see how THAT goes...especially with Anna joining AYSO as well!)

The girls right after the game.
They looked flushed from the heat...but happy because of their win!


Kela and Coach Okumura.


Her very first trophy.


Eating some yummy food after the game!


Jolee.
All she really ate were the teri hot dogs I made.


Kela with her teammate, Madison.


Playing with some silly string afterwards.
Really...isn't this what youth sports are about anyway?


1 comment:

Scothern's said...

So cute!! I love the colors of their uniforms. Your kids are so freaking cute. I can't wait to see what your handsome baby boy looks like! We love you!!