10 October 2010

the seattle post

It's Fall Break and we decided to fly up to Seattle to spend a week up in the cooler weather with my family.


Per usual, I took WAY too many photos, so bear with me as I show just a few of the pics I took there. And then direct you to our family photo site where you can take a gander at the rest of our pics.


But let me forewarn you...there's still A LOT of pictures here.


Hopefully I don't clog up your browser!


(But, that's only if your computer is a weakling like ours...)


And...though I usually enlarge the pictures whenever I post, I'm just too lazy to do it today. Sorry.


Waiting at Kahului, Maui...for our transfer flight to Sea-Tac!


We never leave home without this!

Kela and Jolee spending some last minute energy before the long flight to Seattle!


We decided to head out to the beach in Edmonds, where I grew up.
Not quite like the beaches in Hawaii...but still beautiful and peaceful.
A bit chilly...but still nice.

The cousins.
So many girls!!


Just us.





I have NO idea what Anna's doing here.


But, she seems to have this obsession with sticking sticks and twigs upright like this...




and got pretty good at balancing on the many driftwoods along the beach.

~~~~

Here we are feeding the ducks at Silverlake Park near my parents house.



Jolee. Deciding whether to feed the ducks...or eat the bread herself.


She decided to eat it.

Then, after some duck feeding... we headed to the playground for some fun in the HUGE playground!


(the kind of playground I can only WISH for in Hawaii...)


I do believe there are two too many girls in that car.




Anna.


Upside down.




We also hung out with the Williams girls, Lucy and Alice!
More girls!!




And...our first visit to the Woodland Park Zoo.


Lucky for us...we had a Honolulu Zoo membership that got us in for FREE!!!!


Can't beat free, eh?




The best $9 spent at the Zoo.


THIS wagon was a LIFESAVER while we were there!


All three girls fit nicely...while Mitch pulled them all around the HUGE zoo!



Even this squirrel decided to perch for a few while we were indoors.



Oooh, a Jaguar!



Just Anna. Checking out the birds in the aviary dome.





While Jolee petted the fake ravens...





Anna was the only one brave enough to touch this live corn snake.


Mitch was NO WHERE to be seen during this act, as he made a B-line for the exit once he saw the snake out of its cage.




~~~



Then, we headed out to the nearby park to play and run around.



Kela and Anna racing toward....


the dandelions.



Here's Kela.


In the process of repopulating this nice field with more dandelions.






Here's our family.


Plus Klair. (my niece)


At Seattle's Pacific Science Center. Where we were fortunate enough to get in for FREE!! Which was great because it was a COLD day.


Really, the only cold day while we were in Seattle.



Anna and Kela.


Despite the cold, loved shooting at these paddles with the giant water gun.




Atop the bronze caterpillar in the Insect Exhibit.


They got to look at bugs. Of every kind.


And even got to walk through a Butterfly House!




Yea, they were just as ugly as they sound...



Hanging out at the park together...AGAIN!





Mommy and the girls.




See?


Remember what I said about the sticks? She's doing it again!




Jolee. Trying to muster up the courage to slide down the chute.




Mmmmm...CRAB!


Jolee kept wanting to look at it.


I know it sounds so barbaric, but nothing beats a freshly cooked crab with melted butter.


Sadly, I do believe I ate half that crab all by myself.


(And not to worry...for those faint of heart, no pictures of the actual sacrifice of the crab will be posted.)


Although here's the cooked crab.
Right before we (and by "we" I really mean, "I") ate it.
And it was DELICIOUS!


After a week...it was time to say goodbye to Seattle.


We were blessed with BEAUTIFUL weather the entire time we were there!


And since our flight left at 8 am...we had to wake up SUPER EARLY to get to the airport in time.


Needless to say, the girls took nice, long naps as soon as we boarded the plane.


And I got to play some games on the digi players that Hawaiian was so gracious to lend to us.

And I have to mention that the girls flew FABULOUSLY!

They didn't fuss, cry, or complain!


And by "they" you know I mean this one.


Hooray!



To take a look at all of the other pictures I took...click here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your trip looked like so much fun! I have never heard of Naked Mole Rats - I'll have to view your photo album in hopes you have an upclose picture because I'm so curious! For the 2 times I've been in the Pacific Northwest, I have to say that both times were enjoyable and I loved the scenery and the weather! Hope to get there again soon!