Holy Cow! It's Easter Already?!
I really do try and avoid starting blog posts like this, but I just can't help it.
Where did all the time go?!
Seriously...didn't we just ring in the new year?
As per our usual routine, we started the Easter festivities with some egg-hunting at the local library. This year, since Kela is in kindergarten, it was just Jolee and Anna. And since Mitch was working (what's new?), I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked.
Bah! A few is better than none, right?
Did I mention that Mitch was at work?!
(insert exasperated sigh here...)
And, since Jolee didn't want to hold the bucket herself, I was also her bucket caddy.
Hence, the lack of pictures...
(*optional-another exasperated sigh here...*)
She was actually a great sport about waiting the few extra minutes by herself while I went with Jolee.
Not to mention a good sport about Jolee finding more eggs than her, too.
...Of course, that could have something to do with the fact that I was holding Jolee's bucket.
And therefore, aided in her finding most of her eggs...
But what d'ya expect? She's only 20 months old, right?
(plus...it's not as if she can eat all that candy by herself!)
She was happy to hold her bucket NOW!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
THEN...
On Easter Sunday, we drove out to my sister's house in Hau'ula to celebrate the season with family. After watching the last session of General Conference together, we turned our attention to the REAL meaning of Easter.
Easter Eggs, right?
No! But I suppose for the kids...it's the only tangible connection they have to this special day, so we really couldn't skip it!
While it rained in the morning, by late afternoon, the rain let up enough for us to venture out doors for the egg-hunting!
Don't mind the Tyvek and building material and equipment lying around. They're in the process of renovating their house.
Um...so the pictures are a bit out of order...
Here's some pictures from the actual hunt....at my sister's CONSTRUCTION SITE!
Ahhh...WHO chose this place to hide eggs?
Kela with her cousin Hugo.
In the unfinished downstairs addition to the house.
A few stray eggs were apparently hidden here as well.
Obviously, the Dad's were in charge of hiding eggs this year...
Kela and her cousin Aya showing off their findings.
"1...2...3...everyone say EASTER BUNNY!"
You'll notice it was a smaller fare than usual, since my older sister's family (with their 5 kids) was out of town. BUT, it was still a fun day of family, fun, and great food!
And despite all the candy and food...the best part of the day was spending time together, and remembering why we really celebrate Easter.
That because of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice and love, we can attain that precious gift of Eternal Life!
Happy Easter, everyone!
In the unfinished downstairs addition to the house.
A few stray eggs were apparently hidden here as well.
Obviously, the Dad's were in charge of hiding eggs this year...
You'll notice it was a smaller fare than usual, since my older sister's family (with their 5 kids) was out of town. BUT, it was still a fun day of family, fun, and great food!
And despite all the candy and food...the best part of the day was spending time together, and remembering why we really celebrate Easter.
That because of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice and love, we can attain that precious gift of Eternal Life!
Happy Easter, everyone!

1 comment:
I think you did a good job getting pics of events. It's hard when you're flying solo and the little ones need help actually hunting the eggs. You are motivating me to get my Easter picks loaded!
Post a Comment