Mitch even signed up to volunteer to help set up beforehand...grilling the chicken for the Teri chicken plates.
(Which we later ate, btw. And it was yummy!)
(Where can I get one of those, I wonder....)
Here's Jolee on the merry-go-round.
I had to sit in the middle to make sure she didn't fall off.
Only after it started moving did I remember that I get motion sickness...
Here's Anna trying to catch a fish with her skimpy paper-net.
She didn't catch one. Thank goodness. Although I did feel a bit bad afterwards. I probably should have helped her so she could have had the experience of scooping up a little fish. I just couldn't help thinking to myself..."I don't want to touch the stinky water!"...(sissy, I know!)
Then the a bottle ring-toss.
Daddy just couldn't stand watching Anna throw the rings into the bushes...
And to be honest, there were plenty more games they did...I just didn't get around to snapping very many pictures because:
1) It was raining.
2) I had Jolee most of the time. She doesn't let me have a free hand most of the time...
and 3) Most of these games took all of 30 seconds. I just wasn't quick enough to get my camera ready.
Oh well...
Of course, my girls being the squeamish girls they are, didn't want the paint on their faces. (yay!)
They opted for the paint on their arms.
Which was a good thing since it rained off and on all evening. And the paint bled and ran down their arms.
I shudder to think of what they'd have looked like with blotchy (and sadly, poorly drawn) paint trickling down their cheeks.
The aforementioned Teri-Chicken plate.
We sure were lucky enough to find a covered area to plop down for dinner.
The rain was NOT a welcome addition to the festivities!
Kela wouldn't go near this booth since she can't handle popping balloons.

1 comment:
Looks like fun even with the rain. I just laugh because your girls are still in T's with rain. Here it would be raining and freezing at least there you get warm rain. In fact one of the only things I remember about HI(from a visit when I was really little) was swimming in the rain . . . and it was warm!
Post a Comment