17 March 2010

spring break!

Sure, we were just there...
But who says you can't have 2 vacations within 3 weeks of each other?
For Spring Break, we decided to head back up to Seattle for a "Winter-y vacation." Because despite the fact that it's technically "Spring," it really did feel like Winter most of the time!
Here we are at Honolulu International Airport...waiting to board the plane right behind us! And...it being Spring Break and all-the flight to Maui (we flew to Seattle via Maui) was quite full. SO...the only way we could get there was for half of us to go in First Class. Lucky for Kela and Mommy...we got to fly to Maui in style! Sure, it's only a 20 minute flight...but still! It's FIRST CLASS!
Upon getting settled into our seats, Kela asks me: "Where's the teacher?"
It took me a couple of seconds to figure that one out.
And then had a good laugh.


The main reason we wanted to head up to Seattle was to go tubing up at Snoqualmie. I wasn't quite sure about it...and packing all that snow gear was just so humbug! BUT, I'm so glad we did!
It was WELL WORTH THE EFFORT!


We went tubing up at the Summit at Snoqualmie.
The rope tow attaches to the tubes...so we can relax on the tubes while the conveyor tows us up!
Awesome!
Here's Kela riding by herself. She also slid down by herself!
Such a big girl!


I slid with Jolee. I thought she'd be scared...but she seemed to enjoy the rush of the slope, too!
Although...she was quite frozen most of the time.


And then...the lull of the rope tow proved too much for Jolee.
Towards the end, she just couldn't stay awake.


Of course, that didn't stop me from sliding down with her anyway!
Here she is waiting for the tow back up.
She was OUT!

Daddy and the girls.
Having a BLAST!!


Mommy and the girls.
Jolee finally woke up at the very end.
After sleeping through about 3 runs down the hill in my arms!

Family Pic.

Right after tubing...

Anna making a snow angel.


The girls playing in the snow and making a snowman after tubing.

Jolee. Doesn't talk yet...but she sure can sing!

(ignore my screechy voice)


" No thank you, Daddy. I'll just look."


Relaxing in the warm car...


On the way home...




Here we are at my good friend, Rachel's house.
All the kiddies got to eat lunch with Rachel's hubby, Uncle Bracan, while the mommies took off for a quiet lunch!
(well..it wasn't too quiet for me since I still had Jolee, but you know how that goes!)

Sara, me, Rachel & Rachel.
Some good friends I hadn't seen in YEARS!!
Except the "middle" Rachel. I see her every time I visit Seattle. :)
Thanks for driving up to see me!!!
The BEST afternoon!

Before we left, we decided to spend some time indoors at the pool.
It had been a while since the girls have gone swimming...so they were a bit rusty with their strokes, but it was good fun anyway.


Jolee. Notice how Mitch is not really paying attention to her?
I was a bit nervous...


You know...despite the cold weather, it really MUST be Spring because look at all the pretty cherry blossoms blooming!!

We had a FABULOUS time in Seattle.
The memory of which was slightly marred by the fact that Jolee was a TERROR on the plane ride home.
I'll refrain from going into details so as to try and end this post on a somewhat positive note...but let's just say that I don't think I'll be flying with Jolee for quite some time. As in, maybe not until she's 3 years-old. At least.
Yay for Spring Break!!!
To check out more pictures from our trip...check out here!

1 comment:

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

I love seeing all your pictures and hearing about your adventures. Your girls are SO cute!