So, on to the finale of our Halloween festivities. (Thank goodness!!)
Let me just say-for the record-that if you put two individuals together who are NOT Halloween-y types....the end result is a less-than-enthusiastic house of "Halloween spirit!"
I mean...no fake cobwebs on the bushes, or dangling ghosts over the threshold, or those fake witches wrapped around the trees (have you seen those? They're quite funny).
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, don't go expecting an all-out Halloween atmosphere around this Seavey household!
Feel sorry for our kids? I sort of do, too...
Doesn't Jolee look excited!
Kela helping Daddy with the design of our Jack-O-Lantern.
Of course - she, too, refused to touch any of the seeds, mind you!
JoJo...still excited!
Kela making sure Daddy does it right...without touching anything slimy.
She is definitely my daughter! Ha!
The finished product! Along with our little helpers.
Where's Anna, you ask?
Still napping, of course! She's our sleeper.
(Which is definitely a trait from her mother!)
For Halloween Day...Jolee was Diana Ross!
Just kidding. But if you thought I was gonna try and mummy-wrap her a second time, you're crazy!
Ahhh...what Halloween is all about!
Of course - she, too, refused to touch any of the seeds, mind you!
She is definitely my daughter! Ha!
Where's Anna, you ask?
Still napping, of course! She's our sleeper.
(Which is definitely a trait from her mother!)
Just kidding. But if you thought I was gonna try and mummy-wrap her a second time, you're crazy!
Where's Anna, you ask?
At home-refusing to dress up or walk around Trick-or-Treating.
Such a party-pooper!
I'm seriously wondering where she gets this antagonism for dressing up in costumes from?!
(note: 1st paragraph of this post)
We were Trick-or-Treating around Airi's house in Waikiki and apparently, NO kids go Trick-or-Treating in her neighborhood! Because we either got NO answer (even though we KNOW for a fact that there were people home!!) or the people came out and apologized that they didn't have any candy! (but they did give us a big package of Fig Newtons to share! LOL!) So, anyway, we knocked on this one door and the guys was genuinely so nice-he said he didn't have any candy but would head out to the store to get some & asked us to come back in 15 minutes. We said no need...but he insisted, so we agreed. Fast forward to probably much later than 15 minutes and we are heading home from making our rounds in the neighborhood (a candy giving neighborhood, mind you) & this car drives up next to us and a man rushes out with a basket of candy! It's the "come back in 15 minutes" guy! He apparently drove around in circles looking for us to deliver the candy he bought at the store!
How funny is that?! We were stunned! The kids were happy and we were truly shocked! What an awesome guy!
Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween!
Hope you all had a safe and fun one!

5 comments:
Fun! Looks like you guys had a busy and festive Halloween! The kids look so cute! Yeah, Maya wanted to be Dora (of course) and I said NO! I had to get my money's worth out of the costume we didn't use last year LOL!
Ha Ha!! That was exactly us on Halloween. Neither Jason or I are big Halloween people. I have a whole box of decorations I purposefully didn't pull out this year. Our poor kids. I was hoping the kids would let us out of the whole pumpkin carving thing too but no luck! On the afternoon of Halloween Jason helped the boys do their pumpkins. I'm so glad to hear we aren't the only not so enthusiastic Halloween-ers!!! (I know. It's a totally made up word. :))
Hi its sara Griffin scothern Jason is my brother and I grew up with hubby I was just wondering if it would b okay if I followed your blog my blog is www.wereallnthistogether.blogspot.com
I like the fro on Jolee. I bet the WAikiki residents were intimidated by the huge gang of kids walking down the street...jk.
Don't feel bad Yumi... we got Caysen's pumpkin carved during the week leading up to Halloween but the other 2 are still waiting... they will be Thanksgiving pumpkins I guess :) LOL Also... is a girl thing not to touch the slimy seeds? That was one of the highlights for Caysen... touching all that goo. If he could have gotten it all out by himself would have suited me just fine - but I had to help in the end. 2nd fav part... "sawing" the face (of course he is intrigued with weapons)! For me, Christmas is a fav... Can't wait!
Post a Comment