Our new home, sweet, home.
Isn't this the most welcoming mat you've ever seen?
No? Well...come on in anyway!
And...just to forewarn you. I actually did try to clean up for the pictures, even though it may not look like it. However, keep in mind that I live with 3 kids all under the age of 5 - and cleanliness isn't in their vocabulary quite yet.
So, here's the kitchen. Yes, I'm aware that our fridge is white while the stove/microwave is black. And NO, I don't care.
Granite counter tops, open kitchen (LOVE THAT!) and hard wood flooring throughout (except for the bedrooms). No dishwasher, but I have a husband who does it without asking - which is, I think, even better!
The dining table that our friends (Thanks D&J!) gave us a LONG TIME AGO that I'm so ready to exchange for a solid wood dining set but Mitch isn't quite yet. I guess it does it's job for now.
Sigh...maybe next year ...
The stairs up to the 2nd floor. When I say I'm gonna give a tour, I don't skimp on anything! Because I'm nothing if not thorough...
So far, no major accidents on these stairs yet (knock on wood!). Even Jolee is quite adept at ascending & descending skillfully on her knees and bum.
Our 2nd floor bathroom. Tile surround with green glass tile accents...my favorite part of the bathroom! And you can't see the floor, but it's marble tile.
And here's the girl's room. Well, their beds, at least.

And the master bedroom. We didn't pick the wall color ...we were just not in the mood to repaint.
And Jolee's crib...which she sleeps in on average, about 4 or 5 hours a night. Because at 15 months, she STILL doesn't sleep through the night. And after 3 kids, I'm not above co-sleeping.
No? Well...come on in anyway!
And...just to forewarn you. I actually did try to clean up for the pictures, even though it may not look like it. However, keep in mind that I live with 3 kids all under the age of 5 - and cleanliness isn't in their vocabulary quite yet.
Granite counter tops, open kitchen (LOVE THAT!) and hard wood flooring throughout (except for the bedrooms). No dishwasher, but I have a husband who does it without asking - which is, I think, even better!
Sigh...maybe next year ...
So far, no major accidents on these stairs yet (knock on wood!). Even Jolee is quite adept at ascending & descending skillfully on her knees and bum.
Shall I take a break so you can get your bearings? Digest what you've seen so far? It's okay, take your time...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And the master bedroom. We didn't pick the wall color ...we were just not in the mood to repaint.
Why do you think we bought a king size bed for?
So, there it is! Our new home...and we love every inch of it! Well, except for our smoking neighbor...but even they are nice so we really can't complain too much, I suppose.
And you'll notice hardly any wall decorations. Mainly because I have embarrassingly NO decorating sense, but also because Mitch doesn't like "clutter" - even on the walls. Don't worry-I'll eventually get around to hanging a few pictures and things up on the walls...one day.


4 comments:
I love it! Looks so cozy and comfy! I love the open floor plan! It opens up an otherwise very closed off "original" floor plan. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that flower light! Congratulations again!!
Love it! I have to say I was really impressed with the stuffed Dr Pepper can in your girls room :)
You and me both on the decorating thing! I'm actually going to get a friend who does interior decorating to figure out what we need and where. I'm clueless!
LOL! Nope, I didn't read the books - and not planning on it (I have ZERO time to read). Just a HUGE fan of the movie and the hotness of "R-Pat." =) Don't worry I won't spoil it! Midnight is actually the perfect time for me to go - it's the only time Bri is home! Hey, congrats on your OWN HOUSE! That is awesome! I bet it feels so nice to have someplace that is all yours!!! Unfortunately, I can't say the same for a while...lol. We'll be stuck in an apartment for a while! I haven't been diligent in blog checking lately - the girls are so BIG! Oh my gosh, they have changed so much!!! Glad to hear you guys are doing well!
Love the new place! It's so cute! Omg I can not believe you guys still have that table after all these years! Classic Seavey move lol :) Anyway, congrats! Can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment