Despite hiring outside help for the plumbing, carpeting and granite counter tops, pretty much everything else has been all Mitch. He laid the laminate flooring down, installed all the cabinets himself, and even built that custom table that jets out! The granite counter tops are covered in junk and rubbish at the moment, but it really does look beautiful!
The job is not quite finished yet (obviously)...just a lot of little things like fixtures and lighting, but with the major stuff out of the way, we can finally begin to see the end in sight!! As soon as the job is entirely finished, I'll post those pics. I'm sure it will look amazing! I'm so proud of my handy hubby! All the skills he learned while building our old house seems to have paid off!
*********************************************
And while we're on the subject of construction, Mitch took a rare break this morning to take the girls to Home Depot for their Kid's Workshop class. I guess they hold these fun workshops every month and Mitch really wanted to take the girls. I got a pleasantly quiet morning to myself (and Jolee, of course) while Mitch took Anna and Kela to make little wooden wheelbarrows at Home Depot! How cute is that?
*Excuse the quality of the pictures...they're from Mitch's phone.


4 comments:
Good job to Mitch! Bracan will become fix it man in a couple more weeks (as soon as we close). We are going to redo most of the kitchen in our new house. I will say that it is so nice to have a handyman for a husband that knows how to do floors, woodworking, plumbing, and install water heaters! It will save us lots of green stuff in the end.
Oh, and Kela's hair is so cute in that home depot page!
Wow, all I can say is we feel your pain. Dan did all the renovations on our house in MI by himself and it took forever! Not to mention living in that mess made me go insane. Anyway, can't wait to see the finished product!
Good job Mitch...maybe he'll change his profession...and then maybe NOT. I'm sure that he'll be relieved when it's all over! It looks great by the way!
It must be SO nice to have a handy husband. You hang in there too Yumi - I think you have the tougher job!
Post a Comment