26 May 2009

hot!

Exhausting? Sure. Long? Yeah. Relaxing? Fun? Absolutely!

However, the most fitting adjective I'd use to describe our Memorial Day is H-O-T!


For Memorial Day this year, we drove out to Waikiki and relaxed and enjoyed ourselves at a small park next to Kapi'olani park and right across the street from the Honolulu Zoo. A cute, family-friendly park with a playground, swings, and a large field for us sprawl out. We spent the HOT day playing badminton (I, one-handed at times because of my "fifth appendage"-aka. Jolee), having relay races for the kids, looking for bugs (they found a huge beetle!), riding their bikes, munching on some yummy malasadas, etc., etc! Being that it was next to the zoo, we also got some fun glimpses of giraffes bobbing by the fence! Bonus!

With the warm Kona Winds blowing, it was hot even in the shade! The raccoon eyes I got from my sunglasses and slipper tan on my feet are proof that it truly was a HOT day! But none of that stopped us from enjoying the holiday!


We ended up staying out there ALL day in the hot sun, so at the end of the day, everyone was spent! We feasted on some yummy food at a nearby restaurant (no cooking for me! yay!) and headed home. The girls were down early so I got to enjoy a quiet evening while I waited for Mitch to come home from work. Yes, the only thing that could have made the day even better would have been for Mitch to have had the day off.

Oh well...beggars can't be choosers, right?

It was still a successful and fun Memorial Day.


For all the pictures from today, check out a slideshow on our photo site.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Yumi- I love your blog! It is so much fun to read! Your girls are getting so big and they must keep you busy, busy, busy! And yes it has been hot lately too, I won't argue with that!

**Hey did you hear Enoka got engaged?!**

Keep up the posting!

Noelle

Anonymous said...

It has been unbearably hot all week long!! I hope it lets up soon. Lad took the boys to the beach on Monday and I seriously don't know how they handled it. Being in the sun all day long?? They all have nice tans now - I was "out of commission" for the beach during this holiday (if you know what I mean) so Chyler and I spent time in the air-conditioned mall.