Boy, it must be Summer! With the end of the school year finally here...we had two preschool graduations to attend this past week!

First off, the Little Tiger Preschool program at McKinley High School ended its 7-week run on Thursday. I really wish this was a longer program! The girls absolutely LOVED every minute of it! The attention and help they got from the high school students there was awesome! The kiddos got to enjoy story time, arts and crafts, music, alphabets and numbers, and even got to go on a field trip to the zoo (Anna's favorite place in the world!).
Whoever said teenagers don't care about other people? I must say, these kids really took their responsibilities seriously and gave it their all for the little preschoolers!
This was Kela's third and final time here...and Anna's very first time at Tiger Preschool. Anna will definitely be back next year, while I'm sure Kela will be too busy with being a Kindergartner next year to even care!
Which brings us to today!
Today was Kela's other preschool's graduation ceremony. This was more of an "official" graduation (if there is such a thing as an "official" preschool graduation!) since she had attended this school for the entire school year, three times a week. This school, she didn't care for as much...but I really felt she needed this experience to prepare her for kindergarten. With Kela being so introvert and apprehensive about making new friends, speaking up, experiencing new surroundings, etc., I had hoped this school could teach her how to cope with breaking out of her comfort zone.
Did it succeed? I don't really know...during the ceremony, she still needed a little nudge from the teachers and didn't look too excited to be there. BUT, at least she went through the motions, walked to get her diploma and even sang with her class for their song presentation!
Progress is progress, no matter how little, right?
I can't believe my little girl is going to be in kindergarten in two months!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment