31 October 2008

trick-or-treat!

This year, I tried really hard to put a concerted effort into Kela & Anna's Halloween costumes. Usually, I seek out a hand-me-down from Airi or throw something together from their dress-up drawer...but not this year! Kela wanted to be Dora, which was so easy-it almost felt like cheating! All I had to do was sew her a purple backpack to go along with the clothes. Then I decided to stick with the same theme and sew a "Boots" (Dora's side-kick monkey) costume for Anna. Sure, it sort of looked like a telletubbie...but still-I was proud of myself for making the effort and I think it turned out better than I thought it would! I couldn't stop laughing, she looked so cute! :)
OH,and to top it off, cousin Hugo was Diego! As you can see by the pictures, Hugo and Anna were inseparable the entire night. He decided to take Anna under his wing and held her hand around our friend's townhouse community for trick-or-treating. The kids had fun and we didn't have to walk too far, which was LOVELY! Especially since Jolee was super tired & I had to carry her everywhere. I was going to put a flower hoodie on her, but she was so tired that I let her off the hook this year.

All the little cousins together! (except little Jolee who was sleeping).
Sure hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween!!


3 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Good job on the boots costume, she looks great! And you've gotta love the easy costumes like dora!

Gini said...

She looks nothing like a teletubbie!! You did an awesome job. I love the back pack, it looks like you got it at a specialty costume shop!

I can't believe Atau threw that together last minute! It looks like he spent a lot of time and effort on it.

To bad you didn't have Isa and Benny and all the other characters! That would have been hilarious.

B, C and b said...

Love the costumes! Kela natually looks like Dora, I think :) Sounds like a fun night!