04 November 2008

guess where we went today??

Nope, not the polling booth! (We voted absentee this year and avoided the crowds...can't beat voting at home and mailing it out! It just doesn't get much easier than that!!)
So, to celebrate our Democratic agency, we decided to hit the zoo on this blessed and excruciatingly hot & humid day. How original, right? :) Like I always say, my girls love the zoo and could go every day-doesn't take much to please these girls of mine!

Since cousins Seina and Riho also had a day off for the elections, we met up with them and of course, Kumen. Did I mention it was hot? It was really hot...and humid...but the girls had fun anyway. In fact, it was SO hot, we decided to hit some shave ice on the way home!
Mmmm...Waiola's shave ice is sooo good! There really are few things sweeter than some refreshing shave ice on a hot day!
Gotta love Hawai'i!









4 comments:

B, C and b said...

You guys should go to the San Diego Zoo - it's awesome. But I think for your girls you may need a couple of days! But there isn't any good shave ice there ;)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I wish we could trade you a rainy wet day for one of your hot and humid ones. It would feel nice right now!

Mindy said...

I am so jealous of your warm weather! We are freezing here!!! It is not even really winter yet and we have all been wearing coats all week! There is even snow on the mountains just outside our front door!! YIKES!! I love reading your blog, by the way, and your layouts are so cute and creative. :)

Gini said...

That is so funny, I read the title to your post and thought to myself, um, the zoo. Sure enough! You are so funny. What can you do though if your kids like a place that much. You take them there a lot. If we had nice weather like that we'd be at the zoo as well! Oh how I hate the snow!