Last year, I got called to be the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency...a calling I was happy, but not eager to accept. Why? Because the responsibility of the annual Sacrament Meeting program rests with me, the 1st counselor. So, the past 11 months since receiving this call, I've been dreading it. Loathing it. Dragging my feet, hoping it would go away-or I'd be released before the program time came. It didn't. And even with the birth of Jolee...I didn't. Shucks. Bummer we have a small ward.
Anyhoo-this past month and half (yep, I'm a procrastinator with a capital "P") I've been stressing out over it...feeling inadequate and just plain worried that I'd do a horrible job. Today was the pinnacle of my fears and worries: presentation day.
I said a prayer (or, several prayers) that all the kids would show up, that they would remember their lines, that Jolee wouldn't cry with Mitch in the pew, that Kela wouldn't be too tired and shy to say her lines (her very first time, too!!), that I could remember my lines...the list was too long! But, just as I had hoped (and everyone reassured me), all went super smoothly-too smoothly. We were blessed and the kids did beautifully. Not in any way because of my program (which I thank the Idea Door for!!) but simply because that's just the way it goes-when it comes to the Primary, the children, we are always watched over. I surely can attest to that! We were blessed today.
I would have taken a picture of all 25 of the kiddies...but since our ward ends at 5:30pm, you can imagine after the closing prayer-the kids are dispersed in a flash! I was too late.
So, instead, I'll post a shameless picture of my little Jolee. For no other reason than I just think she's too stinkin' cute. :)


5 comments:
Jolee is getting so big :) It looks like you had a great time with your friends! If she was working for NASA in Houston, then she was probably living close to my family - small world :) At least she's moving to someplace with NICE beaches!
I am so glad I have never had to deal with the primary program. That is a huge task! If anyone could handle it, it would be you!
That is a darling picture of Jolee! She realy is getting big.
I totally agree. She is absolutely adorable!! :) I know what you mean about the primary program stuff. I was not a counselor but I was the singing time leader (I have no idea what they really call it) for 5 years! I always felt really stressed about the kids knowing the songs, being nice, etc. I do miss those days though. It sounds like it went great! Congratulations! And I'm happy for you that it's over too! :)
I'm sure your program was great. What's not to like about an hour of cute kids singing and talking in a microphone! It's got to be one of my favorite sundays of the year!
I remember prepping for the CSMP - stress with a capital S! But, the kids did wonderfully and all is well...until next year! Thanks again for working with all the kids!
Post a Comment