23 November 2008

seina's baptism day

This past week, my niece Seina turned 8 years old!
I still remember the day she was born. It was one month after I returned home from my mission when we heard the good news. Then just 2 weeks later, the joy turned to fear as we all learned of her heart condition. Not knowing what to expect, or even how long she would be able to stay with us, I recall the jumbled mix of emotions we all felt that day. Sorrow, Joy, Fear, and Faith. Now, 8 years (and 6 open heart surgeries) later, you couldn't even tell she has a heart condition! She's seriously the toughest little girl I know!
We are all so happy to be able to celebrate Seina's birthday and baptism!
Here's just a couple of pictures we took at the chapel after her baptism. It was one of the most Spiritual and uplifting baptismal services I have ever attended! Then afterwards, we all got together at Airi's house for some yummy food and festivities with family and friends.
For all those details and pictures, check out Airi's Blog.

2 comments:

Gini said...

Baptism's are such special days. It makes it even better to have a big family and have them all there to be part of it. It is so cool that you guys are so close. She is a really beautiful little girl.

B, C and b said...

Congratulations to Seina! I'll have to drop a line over at Airi's blog. Sounds like she's a very resilient little girl - and if I ever need anything I'm going to her doctor! Wow, that is very impressive :)