First and foremost, my family-immediate and extended.
I love my hubby, Mitch. He's probably too good for me (ask my parents, the'll surely agree!). He works less than 80 hours a month (yes, that's full-time for a pilot) and is home enough to take care of the girls while I sleep-in many a-mornings, endures my moodswings like a champ, forgives my late-night blogging sessions (not unlike tonight!), give me massages, and even cleans the bathroom without me having to ask!! What a guy, right? :)
Then, there's my 3 beautiful little girls. Although they sometimes feel like more work than anything else, they give me so much joy and purpose in life. Truly, I can't imagine life without my kids. What did I do before them?! I can't even remember!
I feel so blessed to be able to not only live in beautiful Hawaii, but to live so close to family! I'm never far from a helping hand, a baby-sitter, an outlet for venting frustrations, and a shoulder to cry on. Plus, my girls have the luxury of having 11 cousins right here on Oahu to share all these holiday memories with. (who needs more kids when you got cousins, right?)
I am also grateful for my testimony-the Faith that I have in my Saviour, Jesus Christ. The knowledge of where I came from, my purpose here on Earth, and most importantly, the GOAL of where I hope to go after this life is through. I can honestly say that I am at peace. Despite all the turmoil and confusion in the world around us that can cloud our minds-to be grounded in the knowledge of these simple truths is a blessing I strive to not take for granted.
I'm grateful for Thanksgiving! A holiday set aside for all of us to take a step back and think about the big and little things in our lives that make us who we are, and drives us to be better people. To express that gratitude to those who are responsible for our happiness and successes. And most importantly, a time for us to think of ways we can share this joy and happiness with those around us as well.
Here's how we spent Thanksgiving morning (or, was it afternoon?). Running around the yard with Airi's bunnies, Oreo and Ella.
And then in the evening, it was dinner and relaxation.Too much food...
Good times, good times!
We missed you, Daddy!
(p.s. The outfit Jolee is wearing is 10 years old...Riho wore it when she was a baby! CRAZY, huh? Rediculous hand-me-down, I know!)

1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great time - glad your Thanksgiving was family filled!
Post a Comment