As most of you are probably aware from looking at our pictures...Anna has a bit of a fixation with sucking her fingers. It drives me CRAZY and I've secretly been plotting ways to get her to stop. Today, I decided to put my plans into action.
Day 1 of operation "Finger Freedom"
You can't tell too well from the flash, but I wrapped her middle finger with some medical tape. She usually sucks her index and middle fingers together...and this afternoon when I wrapped her index finger, she just switched to sucking her middle and ring finger. So, tonight I decided to go with the middle. She's been sucking her fingers since she was about 4 or 5 months old. We had hoped she'd stop around 9 months or so (when Kela stopped sucking her fingers) but it just kept on going and going! I've rubbed vinegar, garlic, salt, etc. on her fingers...to no avail. So, this is my first attempt at some extreme intervention. Wish us luck!

5 comments:
Awww...poor girl! That's what I loved about the pacifier is that I could just throw it away. But for her to keep sucking through the vinegar, garlic, salt, etc. she's one tough cookie - or a VERY well-rounded eater...lol. I don't think Brighton would have lasted through all that. I'm sure she'll do great!
Oh my gosh you have 3 little girls! and they are so adorable.. I knew you had 2, but I just found out about little Jolee. My mom said she talked to you the other day and you mentioned my blog to her. She said she had no idea about it, but I totally told her about it! Anyway, I love your blog and good luck with operation Finger Freedom.
Lol...Maya sucks the same 2 fingers! Let me know what works with Anna and I'll try it!
I could use some tips too! I have a nail biter, and have tried everything I can think of! She is such a cutie!
Isabel played with her belly button and sucked her thumb! she finally stopped last year! We took her into the dentist and had her fit for a thing to go in her mouth so she couldn't suck her thumb anymore and it really scared her. I told her I'd give her a month to quit on her own, and she did. But she was seven so it was about time!! Good luck it's a hard thing to get them to stop.
Post a Comment