16 October 2008

why i don't have a craft room...

This is basically reason #1 ... or really, the ONLY reason ... why we chose to dedicate our third room for our girls' toys and "stuff."
Embarrassingly enough, this is what the room looks like all the time. A friend dared me to post a picture of this mess, and I refused because...well, look at it! But seriously, all shame aside, so long as the rest of our house is spared from this mess, I'm okay with it. Is that bad?
However, despite the fact that my kids make a heck of a mess...there is one thing that almost makes up for it all.
*
*
*
*
*
Having girls who actually know how to clean a room:

PRICELESS!

*I promise...Mitch helped with the books, and only the books. The girls did all the rest by themselves. And yea, it's not perfect...but would you complain?!

5 comments:

Gini said...

Why is it that girls know how to clean and boys do not!? Maybe it's just my kids! Isabel's room is always spotless and the boys rooms, well lets just say they look like your girls messy play room on a good day.

B, C and b said...

Ahh...I love a clean room! And a clean playroom at that :)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Your girls did a great job of cleaning! Our playroom also looks like the first picture most of the time. Lucy hasn't really figured out the picking up thing yet.

Mindy said...

I totally agree with the comment about the boys and cleaning! Everywhere my boys go, it looks like a tornado was there too! :) I am quite impressed! :) Great job, girls! :)

Ryan and Val said...

Um, I think that I should have your girls come over and help us clean up our house! It's not too far off from the "before" picture, so don't be too embarrassed.