**WARNING**
GRUESOME DETAILS, SO IF YOU'RE SQUEAMISH, DON'T READ ON OR LOOK AT PICTURES.
YOU'VE BEEN FOREWARNED!
Last night as I was cutting lettuce for dinner, I carelessly and inadvertently cut off the tip of my finger. Ok, not the whole tip, but a nice chunk of it. It was pretty bad-enough to see the severed tip on my chopping board. And it bled. A LOT! It took over 3 1/2 hours to slow down the bleeding to the point where I could disinfect it and bandage it up. We contemplated going to the ER, but it was nighttime & I was worried about baby crying in the ER waiting room, so we decided to wait it out. Kela prayed for it to heal, and Mitch gave me a blessing that all would be ok...and we went to bed.
This morning, it had gotten better, but since it was still bleeding a bit when I redressed it, we decided to go into the Urgent Care clinic at the hospital-just to be safe.
Anyway, they looked at it, said it really wasn't that bad (relief!) and cleaned me up, put some type of foam dressing on it, wrapped it up, stuck me with a tetanus shot & sent me on my way.

While I was waiting in the room, I decided to snap a few shots of my tip-less finger.
Like I said before, if you're squeamish, don't look! But, if you're like me & love to get creeped out, enjoy! :)
Oh, and the only positive thing to come of this? No washing dishes for at least 2 weeks! Yay!


4 comments:
That is a pretty good chunk missing! At least there was something good that came from it (no dishes). Too bad the girls aren't a little bit older and can do the dishes for you.
So that's what I have to do to get out of dishes... I'm glad you're okay and it was nothing more serious. I bet it hurts like crazy though. Isn't it funny how you don't realize how much you use a part until you hurt it! (does that make any sense?)
Ouchie!! Glad you're OK and dish-less for a couple of weeks. Hope it's not painful (albeit a pain, like we were talking about...) - sometimes those finger injuries really throb. Take care!
You are brave! I'm glad everything worked out okay . . . aren't priesthood blessings the best?
Post a Comment