27 October 2008

visitors!

So, this is my friend Clara & her husband Chris. They used to live in Houston, but now live in Florida and they both work for NASA! How cool is that?! They passed through Oahu on their 3 week vacation (who takes 3 week vacations, anyway?!?! CRAZY jealous!) in the Islands. It was great seeing them as it had been nearly 4 years since I saw them last-Kela was still a wee baby...apparently, though, Mitch thought it was just last year. His mind is slipping, too...

Anyway, Clara is my friend from high school...and interestingly enough, back in hs, we sort of looked alike. I think. Or, that's what people said. I should dig up a photo of us back then. We both had short straight bobs above our shoulders, wore similar silver rimmed glasses, and were-you know, Asian-looking. Nowadays, I think we look nothing alike. Aside from the obvious difference in skin tone, I look like I've had 3 kids! Well...I have had 3 kids...and look it, too! *sigh*
Regardless, it was fun catching up!
And eating malasadas at Leonard's! Anything to do with fried doughnuts is a good time, if you ask me!


1 comment:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Fun that you got to see Clara! And I'm jealous of her 3 week vacation too.