It's my own fault, really...mostly, it's because I'm lazy & it takes so much effort to prepare a bottle for Jolee. On our trip to Seattle, I didn't take a bottle with me. In the back of my mind, I knew it would happen. Jolee no longer has any interest in drinking from the bottle. What's weird is the day after we came home, she drank the bottle ok. Then probably because of my inconsistency and laziness-a few days later when I tried-it was a no-go. This afternoon, I tried (unsuccessfully) to feed the bottle to her for probably 2 hours. All the while, she's screaming and fighting it, mind you! Our poor neighbors probably thought I was torturing the child! Anyway, I GIVE UP!

In between my "force-feeding" bouts, Jolee seemed so happy...I took a few pictures of her smiling. How could she look so dang cute one minute and the moment I put the bottle to her mouth she wails as though I'm poking her with some medieval torture device or something?! (wailing face not pictured)
Anyway, I'm done fighting it. It's not like this is anything new...both Kela and Anna also never took to the bottle. I was just hoping this time around, I'd get a bit more of a break than 2-3 hours in between feedings. *sigh* oh well...freedom is overrated.

6 comments:
She is truly adorable!!! I love her hair! Abby had a little red head that looked just like that. Whenever you get frustrated with no freedom--just think of all the money you are saving!!! It should help lessen the ouch factor.
I know I'm weird, but I loved nursing. I'm really glad that most of my kids hated the bottle. I had to stop nursing Lillia when she was only six months so I could get on some medication for my migranes. I was so sad. Bottle feeding is over rated!
I love her hair! My kids were all bald at two months. Lucky girl!
Oh I LOVE the bottle! Of course it is more expensive (unless you get it from WIC!) and not AS nutritious, but I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! Brighton was like that with nursing. He would just scream at the sight of looking at it. And I have to say, that what I loved most about it - to which I got me even more hooked on bottle feeding - was the Podee! So thanks! I do think I'll try w/ the next but I'll definitely be using the Podee again. Ahh...I miss those days!
Okay, what I meant to say is that FORMULA feeding is expensive and not as nutritious. But you know what I meant. I did do the pumping for like 5 months and boy did that get old fast! Maybe that's why I didn't get all my weight off? Kudos to people who exclusively pump for over 12 months!
Well, when I said "bottle feeding" I meant my own pumped milk...Jolee quit the formula long ago. Anyway, nursing is way easier-no bottles to make, warm, or clean. Getting out the door requires much less prep! --But even though I was a lazy bottle-feeder, I was actually a loyal pumper. Anyone in need of 10+ bags of frozen breastmilk? Hee Hee...
Ah, well it was great while it lasted? Sometimes it's in those early months that you need more of a break. If my "walking" children would not have dashed here and there while I was attempting to nurse in public, I may still be an exclusive BF-er...but alas, I do the bottle. There's nothing like trying to hold the baby in such a way to maintain the latch while maintaining the decency while trying to grab another kid. Save the bags for cereal - that'll be right around the corner!
Post a Comment