22 September 2008

anna's balloon kick

Like I said in my previous post, we went to the mall and the girls got balloons. What is it about balloons that kids love so much? I have no idea...but I, personally, have yet to meet a child not mesmerized by the air-filled, latex ball of pure annoyance.
Anyway, here's a short clip of Anna. They started trying to throw up the balloon and kick it like a ball. Anna actually has one mean kick in her...I forsee future Saturdays filled with hot sun, rediculous post-game luau's and screaming soccer moms & dads ahead.
This video was the second take. The first time she did this was actually much funnier...she threw up the balloon so high, she "air-kicked" 3 times before the balloon even came down close to her. Then, seeing us with the camera, Kela has to jump in her her own silly rendition-such a ham she is!



4 comments:

Gini said...

Future soccer players for sure! Why don't you sound more excited about that?! Soccer is my favorite "kid" sport to watch.

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is - Brighton loves the balloon at first, and then doesn't really care for it by the end of the day. I hope that lasts, but I doubt it. And I know what you mean about the kicking except little b is a thrower. Of balls. Of water. Of food. You name it. :) I'll be sure to get the girls lots of balloons for Christmas!

Yumi said...

Ok, I have nothing against soccer...just organized sports in general here in Hawaii. Treats for kids sports usually is, what? Juice box, chips, a cupcake or something? NO! Here in Hawaii, it's nothing short of a pot luck MEAL! Rice, Noodles, bbq, sushi, etc., etc. And don't get me started on the prizes at the end of the season! Hello! Bigger than Christmas almost!
-end rant...I'll just learn to deal with it when it comes.

Anonymous said...

HA, you are totally right about being overboard. You would think that they won the World Cup or something! Although soccer isn't that bad - it's baseball that's ridiculous! And you're right, I don't know why we keep buying toys - a cheap bag of balloons is probably all we need!