I've never really gotten "into" the Olympic Games before. I used to dread them, actually. I always considered it a nuisance when my beloved regular shows got shafted for sports I cared little about. Until this year, that is! Holy cow, is it exciting this year! From the opening ceremony to nearly all the sporting events...we have been GLUED to the tube, watching and rooting for our incredible athletes. Mostly gymnastics and swimming...who knew swimming could be such an exciting sport to watch?! Anyway, even my girls are enjoying watching the Olympics...Kela especially likes to watch the women's gymnastics--but when we ask her if she wants to be able to tumble like that, she of course, says "no." Somebody please help me instill some motivation into my daughter! Here's my girls watching the Olympics with Obachan last week.
Definitely, these are the faces of their Mother's daughters...T.V. bugs in the making.
And...riding on the adrenaline of watching the Olympics, I decided to try and get a bit more "active." Walking home from my sister Airi's house, I thought I'd break into a "semi-trot" to get my exercise-starved legs some action & got this very nasty scar on my knee. An athlete I am not...and this proves that I am, and will forever be, a klutz. Thank goodness it was on her driveway & nobody saw. How embarrassing!
I promise, though...give me a couple more weeks and I'm hitting the trails again. I may not run a marathon again any time soon, but I've already committed to the Aloha Run in Feb 2009. If I can stay on my feet, that is!

5 comments:
Totally. We were glued to the TV - mostly for Michael Phelps. We were fortunate enough to watch every single one of his events live (for some reason West Coast had most of the delayed). Bri and I were jumping up and down shouting at a couple of them - especially the last one. Wow, what an amazing talent. And love the Women's gymnastics, too - I remember watching Mary Lou-Retton live back in the 80's. We love the Olympics. Definitely on my list of things to see live... but that'll probably mean on the T.V. for now :)
What an athlete Michael Phelps is! Unfortunately, one of the down sides of living in Hawaii-finding out the results on MSN.com BEFORE it airs here! Grrr...But, we still watched every one of his matches & I must say, I am a "Phan" :) I never thought I'd enjoy watching a tall, hairless guy with broad shoulders & no "butt" (ha ha) swim laps!
We are such olympic junkies! :) The gymnastics is always my favorite part but I have to admit, I did really enjoy the swimming too! Jason has taught my boys the art of yelling at the T.V. :) It is so much more fun when you can scream along :)!
Hey Yumes, we enjoy reading your blog. We have been a big fan of the olympics, too. Unfortunately for us west coasters (and pacific islander included) everything is taped delay. But, the real action is in ping pong and you can see it live or taped delay on nbcolympics (small plug).
Ganbare Nippon!!
Post a Comment