20 August 2008

an expensive trip to the zoo

Today, after dropping Kela off at preschool, we took Anna to the zoo. Again. She loves the zoo & asks to go practically every single day. Since we have annual passes, it's a cheap way to spend the afternoon...although with the high price of gas these days, that may not necessarily be the case-regardless, it was something to do.
We parked & I pulled out 35 cents to put into the parking meter-cheap for an hour & a half of parking. We loaded up and headed inside. About 45 minutes in, just about when we were thinking of heading home, I realized that I had forgotten to put the money into the meter!! Knowing the meter maids are constantly circling the zoo parking lot with nothing better to do than to ticket expired meters, I knew we'd have a ticket on our window...and sure enough, there it was! Arrrgh! The "cheap" afternoon activity turned out to be the most expensive trip to the zoo we've ever had! Grrr~


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I hate to see them circling...just like vultures! I'm telling ya! Sorry about the ticket - what a bummer!

Airi said...

Hey Yumi, maybe you can come up with a story...write a letter so that you can get that little ticket dismissed. I'll think of something...