03 June 2008

you know you're big when...

Complete strangers come up to you to say, "Pretty soon, huh?" And inside, I'm thinking to myself...hey, I still have 2 months to go!

Tonight we ate out at the mall with Mitch's family and the guy behind the counter patted his belly, pointed to mine, and said, "Almost, yea?!" I proceeded to tell him that I still had 2 more months, and he looked at me with wide eyes, and says, "ohh, wow!" and then... no comment. Just a little chuckle. Hmmm...what's that supposed to mean?

Then just this past Sunday at church, a dear lady whom I see every week (that's your mom, Starr! :) ) walks by me and says, "Are you sure there aren't twins inside there?" I, of course, have to laugh because not only is this the 4th or so comment on my excruciatingly large belly I've gotten that day, but because I pretty much get this with every pregnancy. Right about the 7th month is when people start coming up to tell me that I've gotten huge all of a sudden-which is sadly true. This is about the time that I "pop" out. And I mean, really "POP"! But I also have pretty huge babies (Kela was 8 lbs 13 oz, Anna was 8 lbs. 4 oz.), so what can you do, right? And to think...I still have 2 months to go...and it ain't getting any smaller until baby actually comes out, so...

*Oh, and I seriously contemplated posting a pic of this ginormous belly, but decided against it. I'm sure I will one of these days before baby's born...I just have to work up the nerve. And no, I'll never be so brave as Rachel to post a "bare-belly" pic. Rest assured :)

6 comments:

Just Like A Starr said...

Oh no! I hope she didn't offend you :(! I'll scold her today...LOL!

Hey, at least you go right back to your normal size after you give birth...Chloe is almost 2 and I look like I still have her inside of my belly...and maybe 2 more kids. You look dang good...and I'm not just saying that to make up for my dear Mother :)

The saying "It's all baby" definitely applies to you girl!

P.S. Are you sure my Mom "walked" by you?! I think it was more of a "scoot along with my walker" kind of action. LOL! Don't tell her I said that :P

kim said...

I always started getting those comments around 6 months. SOme people just don't think before speaking. I have even had to have ultrasounds just to make sure I am not having twins. My babies were not big 6lbs 1oz, 6lbs 14oz, 8lbs (He was my monster)and 7lbs 4 oz. Kevin measured my belly and I was almost as wide as I was tall. WooHoo!!

You look darling!!!

Yumi said...

It's totally OK, Starr. You know I love your mom! :) And besides, sometimes I look in the mirror and think the same thing! haha

Janee said...

Lol...I remember when I got HUGE with Maya and people started to say stuff like that!

Post a belly shot!

Gini said...

I just wanted to smack people when I was pregnant! Seriously, where did they learn their manners. I feel the same way now when people say to me, "oh you sure have your hands full!" How am I supposed to take that? People just don't think before they open their mouths. I think you look great! Poor Robyn, you know how little she is, I think she weighs maybe a buck five, she has huge babies. They were all around ten pounds! Her husband is a big guy. She gets really big, but I don't think I have ever seen her look more beautiful then when she is pregnant. You should be proud of your beautiful belly! Post a picture.

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing to do when I was pregnant was sit on the couch with some sort of dessert item with my belly hanging out while using it as a table for my aforementioned dessert item. Was I a sight!! You look great and I say enjoy it! "Those people" are just jealous because they have to suck in their (no reason for it) gut! I'm one of those people...sigh...