01 June 2008

almost...!

This past week was super hectic with Mitch finishing up the final preps for the carpet to get installed. He build a small step, finished painting and laid down some vinyl tiles under the washer/dryer, as well as hooked up the dryer duct outside. Whew! And then the carpet! Ok, you can only see it in the bottom corner of the picture...but we sort of mis-measured the size of the room and ran out of carpet!! Arghh! So frustrating! So, the room is all carpeted...except for that last little step. We'll just have to go get some more, but with Mitch beginning his new training tomorrow, it'll be difficult to get to the carpet store to actually get it!
It's so near complete, though! We just can't wait to hurry up and move in! Yea!

*oh, and on a side note...the paint on our walls wasn't really my choice. It's actually a funny story--When Mitch was 90% finished painting, I realized that...we hadn't purchased any interior paint! When I called Mitch's attention to this, he froze...and looked on the paint can...and sort of let out a "Arrghhh!" He had painted our interior walls with the exterior paint we had purchased! And since he was 90% done, we just figured oh well, and kept going. So now, our interior walls will be the same color as our exterior siding. Great!
And for those who know, the interior color of the rest of our house is also not the color I had picked out as Mitch forgot to take the paint swatch that I had chosen when he bought the paint...who just does that? He guessed, and our walls ended up a nice minty fresh green instead of a calming misty green. Kind of like lime sherbet actually... I swear, one of these days, I'll just have to take over the painting since Mitch has yet to get it right!! I say it's a good thing I'm not too picky! :)

3 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I can't say that we have much experience painting, but from the pictures the color really doesn't look bad at all. Those swatches are so deceiving anyway. Sometimes the accidents turn out better than the original plan. It's nice that you have a willing and able husband and the color is neutral enough that you can "get away" with the mistake.

Janee said...

It's getting there! Looks great you guys - it'll totally be worth it!

Gini said...

It's looking so good! I like the paint color, I don't think it matters to much that it is exterior paint, but I'm no expert!