06 June 2008

summer break is here!

Kela has been going to a Mommy & Me playgroup/pre-preschool class for the past several months. The teacher, Mrs. Neill, is the sweetest lady who volunteers her time and often money to prepare little lessons and gifts for the kids. It's entirely free & hosted by a neighborhood elementary school where we meet inside the cafeteria once a week. Kela enjoys going every Thursday to Mrs. Neill's class. And, since Anna turned 2 in April, she started being able to participate as well & will get to be a part of the class come August when the next school year begins. Last week was the final class until the fall, and to celebrate, we had a pot-luck luncheon at the beach.
We were there for the entire day. And our pinkened skin is proof that the weather was beautiful and perfect for a day outdoors. I know, it seems like all we do here is hit the beach...but the truth is, there really isn't much else to do here when it comes to outdoor activities! There are sure to be MANY more pictures/posts like this as Summer has arrived and all of Kela's cousins are out of school. That is, at least until Summer School starts for most of them! Hmmmm...with Mitch nose-deep in his studying, I'm racking my brain for ideas on how to entertain the kiddos. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew that being a mother would include activity director? I'm with you - what did I do to deserve summer break? Ack! We'll just have to get together to do stuff.

Ryan and Val said...

Hi Yumi! I don't have any ideas, but you guys always look like you're having fun! You must be doing something right =). I've been so busy w/work, I admire you for always being so diligent on your blog. I hope I haven't missed too much with your family. I have slowly begun catching up, now that summer is here I should be able to do better. Can you tell me the site you found the cute blog backgrounds? I think it used to be on your blog, but I don't see it now. Thanks!