15 June 2008

happy father's day!

Sundays seem to be our only relaxing day lately. And ours started off quite peacefully...I managed to make a simple breakfast for Mitch (pancakes & eggs...I know, too simple perhaps) and some rice for the girls (they asked for it!). After breakfast, I was supposed to make a dozen cookies to contribute to our ward's Father's Day treats. I swear, something is seriously wrong with this picture! We Mom's get a carnation, while all the Daddy's get a dozen cookies?!?! What's up with that? I say give the Mom's some treats!
Anyway, Mitch offered to make the cookies...I told him I'd do it (since it is for Father's Day and all!), but he insisted!! I think he just likes to bake...and he's very proud of his cookies. So, the girls helped him mix in the ingredients for his "famous" chocolate chip cookies, which incidentally happen to be the Mrs. Field's cookies recipe. (Yes, they are good, though!) Then, Kela and Anna got to lick the beaters...their favorite thing to do. I'm not much of a cookie dough person, but apparently, they are.

Happy Father's Day to all you Daddy's out there! What a wonderful day to celebrate our fathers and husbands. I find that I often forget and somewhat take for granted the blessing of having such a wonderful and giving husband. Anyone who knows Mitch will probably attest to the fact that he's always giving, humble, and sincere. He's true to his word and honest in all his dealings with others. He's patient and quick to forgive and forget (my opposite!). I know I'm lucky to have found such a man (and my family would probably agree! :) )

I thought Kela's face was hilarious here! Your guess is as good as mine as to what she's thinking in this picture! And don't mind my ginormous belly...yes, I got at least 2 or 3 comments on the size of it again today. And BTW, I still have 7 weeks to go, thank you very much!

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Gini said...

Just a few comments...

1) You don't like cookie dough!!? What the...

2) You look so great!! And tiny! You should see me while I am preggers, you would see what huge really looks like!

3) I love reading your blog, you're awesome!

Happy Fathers Day Mitch! I don't know you you, but if you were able to land someone as great as Yumi and hello, as hot, you must be the great guy she says you are!