Saturday afternoon we hit the beach (again). While Mitch was busy studying (as always lately), we headed out to the North Shore once again. This time, Hale'iwa. If you ever watched Baywatch Hawaii, you'll probably recognize the beach. I guess they filmed it here, but I never saw it, so can't verify. I just realized I didn't take a picture of the "famous" lifeguard house, so you may not even be able to tell...but anyhoo, the sun was hot, and the sand hotter. We only stayed out there for a little while since it was just too dang HOT!
Oh, and the title of this post, "HONU" means turtle. We saw about 5 or 6 of them swimming around, right up close to shore. My camera died, so this is about as good as I could snatch...not to mention that they came up for air for only a couple of seconds before diving right back down. My brother Atau was snorkeling and swam up pretty close...they didn't seem to be too afraid of people! So neat! Definitely the highlight of our day!
And here is what the boys caught while scavengering around the reefs. "Ewww..." is what Anna would say.

2 comments:
What is that on the left side of the bucket??? It looks furry! Sounds like you had a lot of fun - I give you credit for taking the girls, your pregnant self and hitting the beach! Wow, you're my idol! My kids never go anywhere. HA!
hee hee, Mari, I think it's just a hermit crab's antennae thingy...or a fish...I don't know. I just snapped a pic and then dumped it into the water. And after #3 comes, I doubt I'll be hitting the beach solo-I almost went into labor pushing the stroller over the sand!! :)
Post a Comment