For those of you who live in the mainland (contigious 48 states), this is probably commonplace. I've seen them at Babies 'R' Us in Seattle...but here in Hawaii, this just doesn't exist! And it should!
Saturday, we hit Hickam Air Force Base with Mitch's parents & did a little bit of shopping/browsing. I love going on Base here-reminds me of the mainland. So open and clean! :) Anyhoo-we get to the parking lot & it's a mad house...no surprise since it's a Saturday afternoon. We're looking for parking and Mitch screeches to a halt & backs up. Who knew such a stall existed in Hawaii!! (only on Base, I'm sure!) So, my current and "udderly" (just kidding, I know it's spelled with "t's"...pun intended) uncomfortable situation has proved useful for once! We get a pristine parking spot right up front, next to the handicap stalls. Ahem. A slight implication of similarity, perhaps? I couldn't disagree.
09 June 2008
genious!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I loved those spots. We used to have them all over in Spokane, but apparently some older people complained and they took them away. They also included small children in the parking signs. I loved it. Not because I am so lazy, but because the closer we were to the building, the less likely they were to dart into traffic.
I have always thought that stores should have those spots! I have considered parking in a handcap parking spot while preggers, but never did. That tells you just how great I feel when pregnant!
What?! Ok, I've never seen those in Michigan! I remember when I was huge desperately wishing for one of those parking spots up front! Lucky!
Post a Comment