11 June 2008

evicted!!

Well, we knew the possibility was there...that the property we live on would actually sell. My sister's lot that our tiny abode sits on has been up for sale for a while. With the maket as it is, we were hoping no good offers would come up but just this past week, by some stroke of luck (or un-luck, depending on the perspective) a great offer came in & my sister and her husband have decided to take it! It's such a good offer, that I can't blame them for accepting it either. SO, we are sad to say that all the hard work (and money!) that we put into that back room has been for naught. Should the sale go through (which it most likely will), we will be homeless. Just kidding. Well, not really. We've been scrambling to find a new place and we've found a few good options that we're just narrowing down. As sad as losing out on our cute new room is, we are actually really looking forward to having a bigger space where we can stretch out and enjoy eachother (as well as some space apart, too! :) )

It's really crunch time for us, as I'm emotionally exhausted daily and Mitch is nose-deep in studying. And with the deadline approaching ever so quickly (the proposed closing date for the lot is the 15th of July), we really are scrambling! But, I must say, it's comforting to know that we have so much family near by to help and even if Mitch is non-existent most of the time, I have a lot of support...which has come in handy as I've felt like breaking down on more than one occasion in just the last 2 days! It also helps that each property we've looked at, Kela and Anna keep running around saying, "This is a NICE house! I want to live in THIS house!!" While I'm thinking on the inside, "Don't touch that! Keep your shoes on!" 'cause some of the places I've looked at were a bit creepy!!

It is exciting, though...and I'm really looking forward to having a bigger place to enjoy.

I'll be sure to post once we've narrowed it down and found a place!!

3 comments:

kim said...

I hate moving. But lucky for you, you do have family around. I always have to do it by myself. Last time Kevin wasn't even in the same state. Good luck with finding the right place and getting everything done in time!!

The Nakasone's said...

Let us know when the move is. Maybe Nate will be off and able to help. Two trucks are better than one.

Gini said...

Moving while pregnant is so not fun, but I guess it's better than moving with a newborn! Good luck on the house hunting!