We have quite a few books and flashcards that we've been working on with Anna. She loves Animals and has gotten pretty good at recognizing most of the common animals and their sounds. Sometimes, she's off...but she's getting better. The flashcards that we bought for Kela are also coming in handy as she's also recognizing other things in nature like mountains, ocean (um, we have that everywhere here!), trees, rainbows, etc...
But animals she loves and always wants to read her animal books, which she has many of. Kela is a a great big sister and likes to help her with those said flashcards and books. Takes a load off of me! :) But mostly, it's cute to watch them together. The few times they acutally get along without fighting or arguing...!

3 comments:
Cute. I love her imitation of a monkey! Adorible. I might fall under the category of worlds worst parent..because i just-last week- bought Mason a whole bunch of pop up books, animal books, touch/feel etc...Hello, he's almost 15 months! The only book he had was Green Eggs and Ham from one of his baby showers!
I loved that website in the post below...If it wasnt so late i'd sit up and read it ALL of it..but unlike you, I can tell myself to go to bed, and then I do ;)
Hey Jenn, My girls love Dr. Seuss! We don't have any of those, though. Only at my sister's house & at the library.
And, you're absoluetly more disciplined than I am. Aimless surfing on the net is my weakness.
I cherish those moments when they actully get along! It doesn't happen to often around here.
They are so sweet together! I love all her animal sounds.
Post a Comment